8 - Rosewood High Fair

"Hanna," I shout loudly upstairs, "are you ready?"

"Give me 2 minutes." She shouts down to me.

I walk to the mirror to fix my blonde hair which is curly for the fair. I am wearing a black patterned t-shirt, a leather jacket, black jeans and black converse. I apply a light layer of red lipstick to brighten the outfit up.

Black is my favourite colour, if it was obvious.

As Hanna walks down the stairs she says, "Let's go, girl."

I laugh and then walk to her car. As we arrive at the fair, I see theme park rides, candy stalls, games stalls, pictures booths, sitting benches, etc.

Emily, Aria and Spencer spot Hanna's car and walk towards us smiling.

"You guys ready?" Aria asks with a grin on her face.

"Yeah." I put my lips in a straight line, "Let's go."

First, we just take a seat on one of the table benches where Spencer and I sit on one side and the others sit opposite.

"So," Emily says, "what are we going to do about the Ali situation?"

Spencer sighs before suggesting, "I think we shouldn't keep running after her. Let her come to us."

I see Emily's expression turn sour. She looks like she wants to run after her, because she loves her. I knew she had never stopped loving her. She never will.

Love is a strong emotion, and it is also a weakness.

"So, we just wait?" Aria asks and Spencer nods, "That could take forever."

"We have mourned her for 2 years," Spencer states, "I'm sure we can handle a little longer."

Emily's expression says it all, "How can you say that?"

Whilst Spencer and Emily bicker about what to do about Alison, I say I am going to get some candy floss from one of the stalls.

I choose the blue one and then wait for him to use the swirling tool to collect my candy floss.

Somebody taps me on the back and I turn around without hesitation, "Oh, you again."

"Hey," he laughs, "you agreed to come."

"Actually," I sass, "I came with my friends."

"It's funny how you are never with them when I come to you." He smirks evilly.

"That's because you never come over when I'm with my friends." I reply with a 'duh' look.

"Do you want me to come over when you're with your friends?" He asks when I collect my candy floss and walk behind the stall.

"I didn't mean that." I groan, "God, you are so annoying."

I have my back to the stall and I am moving further back as Jayden edges toward me.

"You like it, though." He whispers in my ear, "Don't you?"

My heart thumps and he knows it is because of him. I bite my lip nervously as his breathe hits my skin once again and sends a certain sensation down my body.

"I," I stutter like an idiot.

He chuckles and strokes my cheek with one finger before saying, "I can see through you like glass."

He has blocked me in with two arms either side of me and his lips are coming closer.

I really want to see what it would be like. To kiss him, but I can't. I won't. I won't give in.