20- The Warning

1 year ago

I felt safe with him. He makes me feel safe. He makes me feel like nobody could hurt me or even challenge me in the slightest because his presence alone is enough to deter anyone.

His golden hair shimmers in the light as his head lays near my bedside lamp, showing it to be all sorts of colours that I'd never noticed until now. Golden, red, brown undertones. His skin reflected these same undertones.

There was no denying Jason Dilaurentis was beautiful. He had this aura that radiated sexual energy. I wouldn't be surprised if even straight men noticed it. I loved the way everything about him shimmered under my lamp including his eyes. His beautiful eyes. I could write a poem about his eyes.

Of course, I would never tell him this. Jason is the type of guy you sleep with, but he isn't the type you date. I don't even mean because of all the attention he'd receive, more so the amount of attention he'd still give other people. Besides, I don't want anything serious anyway and this suits our situation perfectly. There is no way in hell Alison would be okay with this.

Jason would come and sneak to my house at the weekend's sometimes and tell Alison he was staying at a friends. It wasn't too far from Rosewood, but far enough that he'd be gone from home for a long amount of time each time he came here. Hanna didn't know about our situation either. She would tell me that I'm being stupid and that he's going to fuck me over. But what Hanna doesn't realise, is I don't care because it's not that serious. Is it?

"Have you ever been in love, Avery?" Jason asks.

Oh boy.

"No. You?"

"No."

We lay in silence for 10 seconds, naked, under my covers. Sometimes we'd do this. After we'd have sex, we'd just lay with each other and he'd play with my hair and we'd just enjoy the silence of each other. It was peaceful and felt like there was no pressure to make too much effort.

"Would you like to fall in love?" He asks again.

Okay, now that's a strange question. My mind automatically works at 1000mph trying to work out if he's just being curious or if he's genuinely interested in my answer particularly.

"Maybe." I turn to face him and we look into each other's eyes, "I just hear so many negative things about it. Like it's some type of curse you have to forcibly take in order to receive the blessing."

He sighs deeply, "Deep."

We look into each other's eyes again before both of us quickly look away, avoiding whatever thoughts we're trying to break into both our minds. I don't want to think about what could be. It isn't worth it because it'll never happen. All that does is let me down and let's me think the impossible is possible.

Jason soon gets up and puts a white t shirt on, to my disappointment, getting ready to head home.

Today

I don't even know what to say to him. Jayden is staring me down, waiting for answers.

We are sat opposite each other in his living room and it doesn't sound like anybody else is in. I don't know if I feel completely fine in his presence because some instinct in me tells me trust him, or completely uncomfortable because he could just kill me right here right now and nobody would know until it was too late. That's if Hanna isn't looking through the window with some huge binoculars spying on us, which is absolutely something she would be doing right now.