19- Number 13

Chapter 19
Number 13

Sometimes I wonder what life at home is like right now. I haven't heard from Mom or Dad for weeks; I don't want to bother them. They're so busy with work that even when I didn't live with Hanna, I'd barely see them.

Hanna is closer with her Aunt Ashley than I was with my Mom. Ashley and Mom used to fight a lot when they were younger. I used to hear all the stories of their fallouts, but they were always okay in the end.

Maybe Jayden and I will be okay in the end. Maybe Jason and I will be okay in the end. I hate having grudges against people, but I really don't want to forgive Jayden. He hurt me. He kissed somebody else in front of me, after confessing his feelings.

I should've listened to Aria and the girls when they told me he gets a kick out of breaking girls hearts. I'm not heartbroken, I'm not a little bitch. However, I'm hurt. I shouldn't have let him in but at least now I've learnt my lesson.

"Aviary, you need to talk to him sometime." Hanna reasons, acknowledging the knocking at the door which is Jayden, "This is the 2nd time this week you've left him at the door."

"Hanna you were the person who didn't want me to have anything to do with him!" I throw my hands in the air, extremely confused.

"Yes, and you didn't listen." She huffs, "So now you have to deal with the consequences."

I refuse to move out of her bedroom chair that I continuously round gently, being as stubborn as a Taurus could be.

"Listen, Aviary." She attempts to help, "People make mistakes. I don't like Jayden, if it wasn't already obvious. But you've got to sort it out sooner or later. Whether you end it or resume it, you need to acknowledge what happened and move on. It's just going to weigh you down."

Maybe Hanna is right. I need closure.

I look Hanna in the eyes who continues to raise her eyebrows at me, "Fine."

My hand hesitates when I reach the door, knowing that by twisting the door handle I would have to face Jayden. I don't want to but I have to.

The door swings open and he stands there with his stupid puppy dog eyes, his stupid sympathetic smile and his stupid slick back hair. Oh his hair. Snap out of it Aviary.

"Aviary, I..." He stutters before letting out a huge sigh.

"You what?" I say with a stern look on my face, "You thought you could come here, give me a little smile and I'd do a dance for you?"

"No, I don't expect you to forgive me but I was just being stupid. I shouldn't have kissed her."

"You did though, Jayden." I say with the most monotone voice I think I've ever produced, "And that's okay. You can kiss her, you can be with her and marry her for all I care. Just don't kiss me too. No more flirting, no more eye contact at school, no more smirking, no more anything."

"I understand you're hurt but-" he says before I swiftly interrupt him.

'No Jayden, you don't understand." I exclaim, "You'll never understand what it's like to care for anybody. Not enough, anyway. Because you're the player, you're the bad guy. You'll never change and I don't care. Just don't involve me anymore."

He looks so sad. Almost like he is truly sorry. But it's not my problem. I can't forgive him so quickly, I need more time. This will give me a good chance to see if he is genuine and to see how he acts in school now.

"Okay, but will you please take the flowers?" He asks and I almost feel sorry for him.

I take the red roses off him and shut the door with him still on Hanna's porch. Red roses. Alison's favourites. She'd have loved these. At her funeral these were all scattered around her coffin. They were beautiful.