4 - Late Night Bite

It is the night of the 'Late Night Bite' and I'm now sorta excited, sorta nervous.

Excited because I'm going with my favourite people but nervous since the most recent 'A' text message.

To be honest, I haven't had one since Monday which has made me at ease. None of the other girls have received any either. Maybe A has taken a break.

"Are you ready?" Hanna asks as I place my fake fangs onto my canines.

I am proud of my face makeup, with blood dropping down from the corners of my mouth and a fake, artistic scar on my forehead.

I head downstairs where Hanna is dressed in a short devil costume with a red horn headband complimenting her blonde hair.

As we leave the house, Hanna compliments me by saying, "Your makeup looks awesome."

We meet up with the girls outside of the school entrance as we all take a moment to admire each other's costumes.

"You guys ready?" Emily smiles and we nod, indicating we are.

When the other girls are ahead, I take the chance to mention something to Hanna.

"Is it just me, or is Emily not herself?" I speculate, worriedly.

"Emily's been having a tough time since Alison...you know." She stumbles on her world.

"Yeah," I say, "I know."

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow, but for now, let's get this party started." Hanna grabs my hand as she drags me inside the school hall as I repeatedly roll my eyes.

Tonnes of stalls are laid out around the edges of the school hall. In the middle, lies a dance floor where many students are dressed up in Halloween costumes - unrecognisable.

"I'm going to get a drink." I say to the girls; they all nod as I head over to one of the stalls.

There are 2 people behind the stall; a girl with dyed blonde hair who is already serving somebody and a familiar guy with jet black hair who has a small smirk spread across his face. He wears a skull t-shirt with a few blood marks as an addition.

"Very original." I tease.

"Funny." Jayden says sarcastically.

"Are you serving all night?" I ask curiously.

"Why, where you going to ask me to dance?" He smirks and widens his amazing eyes even further.

"In your dreams." I roll my eyes which just encourages him more.

"I'll have a vodka and coke." I ask, probably not going to get away with it.

"Your underage, it's not happening." He shakes his head and finger whist making a 'tut' sound.

"You know, judging from the 'bad boy' vibe that you give off, your very sensible." I make an internal observation.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover." He quotes, gazing at me but I shake my head, making sure his beautiful eyes out of my mind.

"Water, then." I roll my eyes.

As he passes me the water, he touches my hand which sends a sensation up my arm, "Maybe I will have that dance."

I smirk but not so it is obvious. It's a secret smirk. Something hidden within that nobody else can discover, apart from yourself.

I walk back to the girls, still feeling Jayden's eyes on me.

They all have shocked expression on their face, varying their stares from Jayden to me.

"Aviary!" Hanna slaps my arm, "He is totally hitting on you!"

"Ow, Han!" I rub my arm to make it feel better, "He isn't hitting on me, I just asked him for a drink."

"Aviary," Spencer chuckles, "he's been staring at you since you came back over here."

I turn around to see that Spencer was right. He is staring, but not in a creepy way. It's attractive the way his body is leaning forward and the squinted look he is giving me and my friends. His smirk tops it off as it peeks from one corner to the other.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes at them as we walk over to the dance floor.

We dance with each other for a while until the girlfriend and boyfriends turn up: Paige, Caleb, Toby and Ezra.

Aria scurries off somewhere, following Ezra, obviously out of the way since their teacher-student relationship is a secret.

"Aviary," Hanna brings Caleb over, "this is Caleb, my boyfriend. Caleb, this is Aviary, my favourite cousin in the whole world."

I smile at Hanna's comment and then turn my attention to Caleb, "Hey, nice to meet you."

"You too, it's finally nice to meet you after hearing about you all the time from Hanna." Caleb laughs; Hanna and I join in.

After a while, Caleb and Hanna begin to dance with each other, as do the other two couples and god knows what Ezra and Aria are doing.

I walk over to the seats where nobody but me is sitting. I twiddle my thumbs a little, waiting for something to do or to just go home.

"You looked lonely, so I thought I'd join you." Jayden teases as he takes a seat next to me.

"So you have feelings too? Your right, maybe you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover." I chuckle, as does he.

"You know, I was trying to be nice but if your going to be like that..." He laughs.

"Go, feel free." I cross my arms, because I really don't care if I'm sitting her on my own or with somebody.

Loneliness doesn't bother me.

"Nah," he shakes his head, "it's too much effort working at a stall. I'd much rather sit here with a can of coke getting to know you."

I chuckle under my breath with a smile stained onto my face.

"So tell me," he questions, "why are you on your own?"

"I'm not," I protest, "I'm with my cousin and her friends."

"Doesn't look like that to me." He says, watching Hanna laughing with Caleb and the other girls giggling with their partners.

"Well I am, they're just having fun." I defend them and myself.

"And you're not allowed to have fun with them?" He raises his eyebrows cockily.

"Of course I am!" I protest with y arms folded, "I just chose to sit over here because I don't want to interfere."

He shakes his head with a smug smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask him curiously.

"Nothing." He chuckles.

"Well," I frown, "there's obviously something."

"Listen," he turns his body and leans closer, "would you like to go for a coffee tomorrow?"

"I've got plans." I lie, trying to get out of it but his eyes glare at me, getting me into a beautiful trance.

"Oh really?" He laughs, "What plans?"

I stutter slowly, "I, um, I've got this thing."

"Oh, a thing?" He mocks so I playfully hit his arm.

"C'mon," he displays a cheeky grin, "It's just a coffee."

I sigh and roll my eyes, "Whatever."