17- Like A G6

OKAY SO THIS CHAPTER IS LIKE A BIT SEXUALLY GRAPHIC SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE SHIT LIKE THAT I DON'T RECOMMEND HOWEVER IF YOUR'E DOWN THEN ENJOY

***

Chapter 17
Like A G6

A year ago today, I didn't think that I would be sitting in a nail boutique spending my Saturday reading magazine after magazine about Justin Bieber's 'bad boy spree' and the rumours about his revived relationship with Selena Gomez because to be honest, I really don't care about it. Hanna is getting her nails done- I think she chose a lilac colour in the end; she is chatting away to the worker doing them for her. On the other hand, I'm stuck here waiting for her appointment to finish because stupidly I agreed to accompany her here. However, it's hardly accompanying when you barely interact with the person.

I decide to swap the cliché OK! Magazine for a traditional newspaper that is lying on the side. The front page headline talks about a dog that saved its owner from drowning. Then I notice it, in the right hand corner of the paper, basically in the small print.

Have you seen this girl? With her favourite picture of herself placed next to it.

Alison would have loved this. She would have loved everybody knowing who she was. She wanted to get out of Rosewood, be famous, be known. And now, her memory had. But it wasn't just her who I recognised in the paper today.

I trace my hand over the words 'turn to page 16 for more', hence I do and there it is. The memorial page for people who passed away. It's mostly full of elders, apart from one- the one that caught my eye.

It'd been one whole year since Callie Healy had been found by her mother, lying lifeless on the bathroom floor of her 3 story house; next to an empty medication container that once had pills in them. Callie and I went to school together back in California and I wish I could say that I didn't talk to her much. I wish I could say she was just an 'acquaintance' or a friend of a friend or even a distant cousin- but she wasn't. Callie was my best-friend.

Callie and I had our ups and downs, but nothing I did pushed her over the edge, I don't think. Courtney Gallagher was my old schools most notorious mean girl and Callie was her favourite victim. We would be walking down the hallways and Courtney would do anything she could to provoke a reaction out of Callie- trip her up with her glossy, red high heels, shout names at her, post about her online...the list goes on. Callie didn't do anything wrong; she didn't deserve to be treated like this. Courtney was very much like Alison- blonde, infamous, cruel, always got her own way and extremely mysterious. If there's one thing I regret the most so far in life, it's not standing up to Courtney because if I had have, maybe Callie wouldn't have done what she did.

I close the newspaper and let out a slight sigh with my eyes closed, trying to push the past to the back of my mind, but as I open them I feel my phone buzz. I pull it out of my mind and to my horror, it is from an unknown number.

Secrets are meant to be told with time and believe me, Aviary, time is almost up.
-A

My hand are shaking violently before I frantically turn around and crawl over the sofa to try and see if anybody is watching me from outside of the window. I run to the door and outside, I look around for somebody, anybody, who may look suspicious. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I scream, terrified to turn around.

"Whoa, what the hell, Aviary?" A familiar male voice frowns with a shocked expression on his face.

I place my hands on my knees and bend down, attempting to catch my breath, "You scared the shit out of me!"