15- After Last Summer

Chapter 15-
After Last Summer

"You have beautiful eyes."

I remember when he said that clearer than anything I have ever remembered. The way he said it, like I was the only girl in the world that meant something to him. Nevertheless, everybody lets you down in the end. It's inevitable.

I can see my breath in front of my when I breath out due to being so god damn freezing.

My mind takes me on a journey to memories that have been in the back of my mind for weeks. I remember one time when I surprised Hanna one weekend as I walked into her house and all the girls were there. They all screamed, ran over to me and jumped on me in excitement. We went to a party that night so Alison had asked me to curl her hair, so obviously I did, because nobody argued with Alison. I remember feeling how soft her beautifully blonde hair was and how easy it was to curl. I'd heard girls in school, even girls who hated her, talking about how they wanted her hair. They were jealous. Even I was jealous of Alison. I dropped the curlers suddenly due to burning the edge of my finger on them, hence I start frantically shaking my hand trying to ease the pain.

"You're such a moron." Alison laughed, and the girls and I joined in due to me being an idiot.

By 7 o'clock, the girls and I were ready to go to a guy called Jeremy's house who Alison knew and had got us invited to. When we arrived, the first thing we saw was a guy throwing up on the freshly mowed lawn and he stank of beer. "Welcome to Frat Life!" Alison chuckled to herself.

As I am reminiscing, I hear a rustling noise from the bushes beside me. It is only quiet but it's there. I panic and begin to walk faster, not even looking back incase I see something I don't want to. My house is a good 7 minute walk from here so it's not like I have an escape route if A is hiding in the bushes. Suddenly, I feel somebody's hands abruptly grab my shoulders, hence I scream and punch the source who is behind me.

"Ow!" I hear from behind, so I turn around and frown whilst panting with fear, "What the hell was that for?"

"Jason?" I frown and push his shoulder, "What are you thinking creeping up on me like that you freak."

You freak. That's what Alison used to call Mona anytime she tried talk to us anytime I was there. I realise that I sound like her and I try to snap out of it.

"I'm the freak?" He fights back, "You're the one who throwing punches!"

"Okay, I'm sorry I'm sorry." I take a deep breath out, "Things are just a bit tense at the moment."

"It's okay. I just wanted to make sure you got home alright. I saw you fighting with Jayden." He raises his eyebrows, in a way that he was silently asking me if I wanted to talk about it.

"You followed me?" I bite my lip intensely.

"I wouldn't call it followed." He scratches the back of his head awkwardly, "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well," I shrug, "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I told you, I'm fine Jason. Now go home." I say before turning on my heel away from Jason and towards my home. However, I feel Jason tug on my arm, causing me to spin back around.