12 - She Was An Unsolved Mystery

{^ buttahbenzo my faves^}

***

64 days before

The next day on the way to school, I am getting annoyed by the motions my pony tail is making as I walk - side to side.

"Aviary?" A familiar voice asks from behind me, hence I turn around to face the voice, causing my hair to hit me in the face.

I'm getting really tired of this pony tail, that I styled this morning, already.

"Wow," I am shocked at the guy I see before me before I address him, "Jason."

"You look..." He eyes up my outfit carefully, "Different."

"It has been 2 years." I laugh, since that was the last time we saw each other and he joins in.

"What brings you to Rosewood?" He asks, before awaiting my answer.

He looks...amazing. His biceps cling onto his tight white t-shirt- and his hair...oh his hair.

"I live here now." I announce and his eyes peek up... happily? "With Hanna."

He smiles before saying, "Hopefully I'll see you more often, then."

My heart flutters a little during his sentence. I've missed his voice, I think to myself.

I nod and smile, but before I can walk away he asks, "Are you going to Noël Kahn's party on Friday?"

"Yeah," I frown, "I didn't think those type of parties were your style."

From what I remembered, his only type of party was a stoner party. That might be a bit harsh, but it's true. He looks better though, now. It may be a bit of a touché subject to bring up.

"It can be," he shrugs his shoulders and smirks, "that's if you're there."

I begin to laugh, hoping he didn't notice my heart fluttering from inside.

"I missed your laugh and your smile." He grins and I blush violently.

Before I leave I say to him, "I'll see you on Friday then."

He nods before we exchange smiles and I walk to school, the opposite direction of Jason Dilaurentis.

Arriving at school, I catch up with Hanna as she kisses Caleb goodbye on the cheek.

"Hey." I smile and she smiles back, seeming happy.

"I've never really felt loved by anybody," Hanna explains, a little out of the blue, "even by my parents. I felt like I was an embarrassment to the family, but Caleb makes me feel so different about myself. Do you know what I mean?"

I think about her 'speech' for a while, wondering why she felt unloved by her parents. I know she was overweight, and I know she hated herself for it, but I didn't ever expect her to think that she was never loved.

"Of course I do." I grin, happily for her, "You're lucky to have found somebody who loves you for who you are."

I put myself in Hanna's situation for a second. If I had somebody who loved me as much as Caleb loves Hanna, how would my life be different? Would it be different?

We walk towards the English corridor and we part ways as we head to class.

Having English everyday isn't all that great. I enjoy English, but lately I have been unable to focus.

As I sit at my desk, I pull out my books and my work from last night.

I hear a 'pst' sound from next to me, "Looks like somebody did their homework."