13- The Kahn Party

61 days before

"What are you guys wearing?" Hanna asks us.

Today is the day of the annual Kahn party, hosted at Noel's parents million dollar mansion.

Today, I actually feel great. I had an amazing sleep and an amazing dream. I feel like my old self. I smile at my thoughts, without the other girls noticing.

"I don't feel like going." Aria mutters, but Hanna is having none of it.

"You're not chickening out," Hanna insists to Aria, "we are all going to go and have a good time."

Spencer is quite for a while until she speaks up, "This will be the first time we will be going without Alison."

Everybody stays silent, almost like we are all reminiscing our own individual memories with Alison.

~ Flashback ~

"Look at her," Alison motions us to look at Jenna Marshall who is blaitening flirting with Jason Dilaurentis, Alison's brother, "it's sickening."

I try to pretend it doesn't bother me, but Alison is first to notice that it does, "How does it make you feel, Aviary?"

Uncomfortable. That's how she is making me feel. I shrug my shoulders and reply, "It doesn't bother me, why would it?"

She knows I'm lying, "Oh, come on. Everybody knows you've had a crush on my brother for like forever...right guys?"

She looks at the girls to back her up, but nobody speaks up to defend her. Spencer gives me a small smile before Alison rolls her eyes and says, "Whatever. I'm trying to get a tan and all I can see is that stupid umbrella hanging over you, Han. Will you move it?"

When all six of us went to the beach, it was always memorable in different ways. Usually, Alison would tell us a few secrets about people that we saw on the day. She would confide in each and every one of us individually. She would make us all feel special.

Hanna gradually began to move the umbrella away from Alison, so she could achieve the golden tan she trying to achieve on Harley Beach.

I watch Jason and Jenna flirt back and forth and I can't help but feel a little empty inside. Alison was right, I've always had a crush on Jason and all he knew me as was one of Alison's friends. He was everything to me, and I was nobody to him. Even though I rarely saw him, I still had strong feelings that came out every time I saw his tanned face or heard his husky voice.

~ present day ~

Snapping me out of my daydream, Hanna waves her hand in front of my face, "Hello? Earth to Aviary?"

It's strange thinking about when I saw Jenna before the accident, because I didn't know that that was her until Alison told me.

When the girls told me about The Jenna Thing, the memory of the day out at Harley Beach came into my head. I can still picture her flirting with Jason, like she was invincible/unstoppable.

"Yeah?" I blink a few times, "What was the question?"

"What are you going to wear?" Emily tells me the original question.