11 - If Looks Could Kill

"To me, you are like the moon in the sky. To you, I am like one of the billion stars."
_______________________

65 days before

I wake up for school, tired and fed up. I shouldn't be dreading the moment I wake up. I should be springing out of bed, wanting to know what is going to happen next in my life. However, it is the complete opposite. When I wake up, I end up staring at the cracks in the ceiling for about 5 minutes before brushing my teeth and staring at myself in the mirror, contemplating if it is all worth while.

I wear blue skinny jeans that have a rip in at the knee and a black top with cut off shoulders. I wear black trainers with white laces and put my blonde, wavy hair half up half down.

I make my way downstairs, carrying my unusually heavy school bag over my shoulder.

"Here," Hanna passes me a bowl of cheerios, "eat up."

I thank her but tell her, "I'm not hungry."

She frowns at me with a concerned expression. I know what her next question is going to be.

"Is something wrong?" She frowns before I hesitantly and slowly pass her my phone which displays the text message I received last night.

She looks angry, furious even. However, I know it is just a way for her to cover up how frightened she is. She wants to be the protective older cousin. She wants the best for me, to protect me. She is scared of the consequences of me moving to Rosewood. She feels responsible. I can see it in her eyes.

"Well, we know something for sure." She sighs, "A definitely has no social life."

Hanna is about to get in her car before I say to her, "I'm going to walk. I need to clear my head."

She smiles, "Okay, but please be careful."

The breeze is nice and cool on my face. It is soothing.

I blink for a moment, and in that second, I see him. I see him staring at me, the way I always dreamed somebody would. He smiles and I feel like his name is tattooed across my heart.

I blink again, and the image vanishes. I sigh, knowing it wasn't real. I can't go to school like this. I feel safer outside than I do inside.

I walk to a nearby field where the grass is green and there isn't a patch where Daisy's aren't growing.

I drop my bag carefully onto the ground, and lie down in the beautiful daises.

My mum used to take me a similar place back home when I wasn't feeling like myself. It used to calm me down and realise who I was. I miss her.

I hear crunching from behind me and I start to panic. I turn around warily but exhale with relief when I see his face.

"How do you always know where I am?" I question him but he just stares at me, not looking away.

Jayden sits down in the grass with me before asking, "Shouldn't you be at school?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, "Shouldn't you?"