52

Five Years Ago

He forced himself to feel no remorse. Made himself the positive side of things.

He assured himself you'd wait for him. Even after leaving with no explanation.

A wedding took place a month after he was sent to Japan.

Nothing too grand. He wanted it to be simple and small. With limited visitors.

Apparently, marrying the emperor's daughter was the only way to make his country flourish once more.

And things weren't easy.

His nights were sleepless.

Morning felt like a burden.

Eating and drinking only drained him even more.

Basically, for five months went on with his life living like a lifeless doll.

But then everything changed when a topic was brought up. And just like that, something within him switched back to life.

The emperor of Japan sought for an heir between the princess and him.

It was then and there Taehyung knew that every decision he'd make needed to be calculated.

So he concocted a scheme to stretch and overpower the emperor's plan.

Because if he was gonna have a child, it would be yours and his only.

It took him exactly four years to settles things down. He worked hard to bring his kingdom back to its feet.

Enough for it to prosper on its own and without the aid of another country.

He somehow managed to sway the emperor into making divorce legal, eventually using that to his advantage.

Now that everything was taken care of and he had no strings attached, he could go back to his country.

But even then, things weren't easy. For one year, he was compelled to do countless workloads.

He needed to prove himself that his country could stand on its own.

Then without a doubt, he achieved it.

An invitation came in from Jin, inviting him to his wedding and Taehyung took that opportunity.

Though, he had doubts.

It's been five years since he's last had contact with her. Could it be that things have changed?

Did you find someone new?

He saw you from a far, stunning in that gown of yours. Undeniably, Lisa picked the right maid of honor.

He didn't want to show himself. At least not yet.

The wedding went on and the guests were moved to a more grand venue.

That's were he saw you. But the expression you gave him broke his heart into tiny pieces.

Right then and there, he knew getting to you wouldn't be so easy.

So he tried setting up a date. Hours turned to days and days to a week.

When he didn't get any sign from you, he decided to go to your workplace.

One way or another, he had to get you back.

Present

Hearing his side of the story didn't leave much of an impact.

Maybe a little. But not enough to sway you.

"I understand you Taehyung. I really do. But you have to try and understand me too. As much as I hate to admit it, you hurt me. And now that I've got my life and moved on, you want me to take you back? Just like that?"

"Im not asking you to take me back, Y/n. I'm asking you to give me a chance. Let me prove to you that I'm someone you deserve. I'll never lie to you, hide things from you and I'll definitely not leave you anymore. So please."

This could go two ways.

First, you actually give him a chance and he proves himself and you both live a less complicated life together.

Second, you ends things here completely and never see him again.

He appears adamant with his words. You let out a sigh. You'll probably regret this later. Or not. Who knows?

"Fine." You say. "But you have to promise to never pull this kind of trick again." You're referring to the whole kidnapping scenario.

Taehyung gives you a little smile- one you have ta seen in years. Literally.

"You have know idea how much I want to hug you right now." He utters. "But I'll wait."

Although you're unsure where this path will lead you, after all you've been through, it'll hurt less if he leaves again.

You've gotten used to the feeling of betrayal after all.

"Thank you, Y/n."

As he says those genuine words, something inside really hopes he won't break your heart again.