Will of the Superpowers(2)

Ministry of Defense,Moscow,Russian,June 24th 1644

Having heard of the 1st Flotilla's report,ministry officials were now discussing with Isakov,still recovering from his wounds.

"What the hell. Unbelievable. They're going for a decisive battle when the IRN can blow them out of the water. And what did they say? They're sending in a single ship?"

Ministry officials were perplexed with the Holy Mirishial Empire's actions, which couldn't be any more illogical in the sense of warfare.However,since this was the strong will of a nation who holds a lot of sway among the world's nations, the Russian government treated this as a diplomatic challenge,taking a course of action to try and go with the flow with whatever they wished to do.

"This is what the Holy Mirishial Empire wants.They should know how powerful the Gra Valkas Empire is, so they might have a considerable amount of confidence going into this. As this is a good opportunity to gauge their latest battleship, let's negotiate if we can have one Battleship tail it. It may be a trump card that they want to hide,but I also believe they want to show off its capabilities, so let's watch it in action if possible.And should it be destroyed we can film it and release it to the world."

The Ministry of Defense requested for an escort ship to be attached to the attacking Mirishial ship.

Flagship Cosmo, Death Bar Combined Fleet, the seas off the western side of the Mu continent

"Commander! We've received word from the Russian that they want to send one of their Battleships with us to observe the battle!"

A frown formed on Tachion's face.

"Our commanders back home ordered us to show Russia how strong we are.But then there's the possibility that others will say that we won because Russia was present.Tell them that they should not participate in this battle,that they should tell everyone else that we did this alone, and that they should stay 35km away. If they will honor these three points, then they can come."

"Of course!"

Tachion's words were then passed onto the Russians.

While the distance specified puts the Battleship just outside of visual range of the battle,the Battleship is equipped with all kinds of observation equipment that allows it to observe whatever battle will happen even at 35km. The reply they received was promptly relayed to the government, who quickly gave the okay,albeit angry that they have to take orders from the H.M.E.

The Battleship, the Vladivostok,then trailed the Cosmo from 35km.

"Captain Yleyza!"

Tachion called out to captain Yleyza.

"Yes!"

A faint smile formed on Tachion's face.

"We'll finally be able to redeem ourselves..."

His thoughts then went back to a time not too long ago.

The Holy Mirishial Empire was the strongest in the world.Amidst the nations that they know of, it stood at the top of the three civilized areas and as a result of its accelerated research into the ancient sorcerous empire it was able to get its hands on power not accessible to any other. There were times when the barbarians picked a fight with them, but every single time they emerged victorious, and over time this built up their overwhelmingly powerful position in international society.

But then everything changed when a summoned nation to the west, Gra Valkas, suddenly appeared.

They easily wiped off the map Leifor, a superpower in the Second Civilization Area, their area of dominion doubling in a blink of an eye.On top of all that, they launched a surprise attack on the world conference,a prestigious event the Holy Mirishial Empire itself hosted,while simultaneously wrecking the Zeroth Magic Fleet,their strongest naval unit.Even in the ensuing counterattack, an operation on which their reputation teetered on a knife's edge and on which they deployed one of their valuable ancient superweapons, resulted in a failure.In Mu they tried to win the air battle but only lost many,many planes that they still have not replaced.