𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑋

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

3rd pov

          "This place gives me a bad vibe..", a lower ranking demon slayer commented taking his katana out from its sheathe.

           "That's good then", the other demon slayer replied. "It means we found the demon", he smirked, his red fiery hair moving around each step he took like the waves around the sun. "Once I kill it I'll officially become a Hashira", he added looking back at the lower ranking demon slayer. "Hence why you don't care", the lower ranking demon slayer mumbled.

           The two met up at the same spot their kasugai crows told them to meet to slay the nearby demon. They met up outside an old abandoned Japanese styled castle.

           "If you're that worried then stay close to me I'll protect ya", the red fiery haired demon slayer said sending him a wink. "...I don't swing that way", the lower ranking demon slayer replied. "I'm not whatever stay close or leave me be", the red haired demon slayer huffed then began walking inside with the lower ranking demon slayer tailing behind him closely. Upon stepping inside a cold chill went ups he lower ranking demon slayer's spine. His back felt heavy and he felt anxious all over. He went to say something, but stopped when seeing the fiery red hair slayer unfazed. He thought if this slayer wasn't phase by the change in the atmosphere of the castle he'll be fine.

        "So what's your name", the fiery red hair slayer asked. "My name is Ali", Aoi answered. "Names Hijiri", Hijri stated. "I'll be the flame Hashira soon", he declared. "..Don't we have one already", Aoi questioned. "Oh yeah then Sun Hashira I don't whatever fire like name I get that's what I'm going to be", Hijiri rambled. "You must be strong then", Aoi chuckled dryly. "The best of the best, besides the pillars", Hijiri laughed. "I killed ninety nine demons", Hijri stated. "Nitey nine? Shouldn't you be a Hashira already", Aoi questioned. "Yes, but still in training", Hijri answered. "This demon we're about to slay will be my last dmeon kill as a lower ranking demon slayer", he added. "Congrats then", Aoi replied. "How many you killed", he asked.

          "Ten demons", Aoi answered. "No need to be afraid then surely this one will be your eleven if you man up", Hijiri laughed. "I'm fine with ten you can take the kill", Aoi chuckle dryly his nerves going away gradually. "Thank you for a scaredy cat you're an all right dude", Hijri exclaimed vausing Aoi to give him a closed eye smile. "I'll take that as a compliment...", he chuckled reopening his eyes.

           Hijiri's body stood still in its spot. The only thing missing was his head, blood soon squited out of it like a hose splattering some of it on Aoi's face. Aoi most was opened so some of it got inside. He stumbled back falling onto his ass before turning over and began crawling then getting back on his feet. He began running away from the body in search of the exit. That same chill began creeping up on his back as if a million bugs were crawling and digging against his back. He noticed a door on his right. He didn't hesitate to sprint inside.

           The room he entered look like where royals sat when hosting meetings, parties and other events. His eyes immedeitly landed on the bodies that was laid before him in a horizontal line. Each of their heads missing, but their skull remained up right on the wooden floor just an inch away from their neck stump.

         "T-The slayers', he croaked. Some word was goign around a group of slayers going missing in one day, but no one knew where they went missing at. Just in a specific area of a district. Now he knew where. That chill was back. He felt cold hands gently grab at his shoulders and someone placing their lips against his ear. He didn't dare turn around. He knew the demon wound't spare him, even so he stilled hoped they showed him mercy not wanting to kill a weak pitiful slayer.

           "P-Pleae my daughter", Aoi croaked. The demonic hands move up from his shoulders to grip his face; the long red sharp nails poking at the front of his face threatening to pierce his skin.

           "Your skull", the demon whispered. "W-W-What", Aoi whimpered. The demon moved her hand off Aoi's face. She used her right hand to grip his chin gently and directed his head to look at her. Aoi's heart sunk to his ass almost coming out of him like shit. In her right pupil was glowing red 零. Meaning she was one of the upper moon demons.

            "Your skull gift it to me", she repeated. "No no please I'll leave you will never see me again", he pleaded. Y/n released his chin and made him look forward again. Her right hand moved to sink her nails into the other side of his face. His body froze when he felt her nails dig deep into the side of his face; her nails dug in front of his ear causing him to cry more.

            "..Thank you for the gift", she said then began tearing the front piece of skin off his face. Aoi cried echoed through the palace as she rip his face of like a bandaged on a wound. Once it was on the other side of his face she tore the skin mask off and tossed it aside. Before Aoi could fall face first she grabbed the side of his head then began lifting. There was the sound of ripping as she did, then his head came clean off the slump. His body fell to the ground and began spilling onto the floor. She looked over Aoi's head as she retreated back to her room to clean Aoi's skull and soon gift it to her husband.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Y/n is rank Zero in the upper moons

════ ⋆★⋆ ════