3.9- A Flash of Sloth

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid(?)

Element(s): ???/Arcane/Chaos/Yin

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

After that battle was over, I decided to take a look at the sunrise. I was still quite tired from having Ishtar use up all my mana for that attack.

Flashback

Just after Ishtar fired at the White Whale, I was suddenly facing her in my mind.

(Y/N): I've definitely gotta say, I was actually blown away at the display you put on, I'm sure the others below us were as well.

Ishtar: Of course~ You shouldn't expect any less from me~

She said while flicking her hair proudly.

(Y/N): Thank you. Ishtar.

She looked surprised. After a few seconds of her just staring at me, she then started tearing up.

(Y/N): E-Eh? Ishtar? You alright?!

Ishtar: I-I'm fine! I'm not crying! It's just-

She could see me stare at her with a look that showed her that I wasn't buying her bull.

Ishtar: Mouuu, fine!... I am... But... These aren't sad tears... On the contrary... I'm quite happy...

I nod and smile at her, I think this is the first time I've seen her not act like a pretentious self-absorbed prick.

Ishtar: I'm happy... Happy that I was able to serve you with all that I had... It reminded me of the old days... Several millennia ago...

(Y/N): No longer denying it I see~ Nice to see you've dropped the pathological lying that you're quite terrible at.

Ishtar: C-Could you not! I'm being sincere and yet you...  Hmph... Bakka...

She was avoiding eye contact and looking in another direction.

(Y/N): Well, in any case. I'll probably speak to you again sometime. By the way, our mother says hi and is sleeping peacefully, PEACE!!!

Ishtar: Wait wha-

And then Ishtar's consciousness left my body after I put up a peace sign.

Flashback end

Yeah... I say that went pretty well!

I stared in silence for a few moments until I sensed the presence of another.

Crusch: Are you alright, (L/N) (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah... Just extremely fatigued...

Crusch: I wouldn't expect anything else after seeing a spell of that magnitude.

(Y/N): How'd I do? I promised I wouldn't disappoint, didn't I?

Crusch: Indeed you did, and I must say, you completely surpassed my expectations. Just what type of magic is that, and where do you come from?