3.10- Nefarious Sloth

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid(?)

Element(s): ???/Arcane/Chaos/Yin

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Everyone had suddenly stopped moving. I landed on the ground before folding and then retracting my wings into my body. I looked around and saw many people muttering to themselves.

I look to my right and see Subaru wandering around as though he is seeing something.

(Y/N): Oi, Subaru!

I hear someone else behind me.

Julius: I see you are unaffected.

I swiftly unsheathe my sword and point it at who I assumed to be an enemy.

Turns out it was just Julius... He had his arms raised.

(Y/N): Oh... My apologies...

I unsheathe my sword quickly and apologise while scratching the back of my head. Julius waves it off.

Julius: It's alright, I cannot blame you for that in this situation.

(Y/N): What's going on? Why is it that everyone but us...

I suddenly hear Subaru screaming, I turn around promptly and shake him back and forth, but it did nothing. Or so I thought.

After letting go, he dropped to the ground and began gasping for air while holding his neck.

Julius/(Y/N): Subaru...

We both called out in unison. Subaru looks up at us moments later, and then he narrows his eyes upon seeing Julius.

Subaru: It was you?

(Y/N): Yeah I think that's him...

Julius: His spiteful tone is evidence enough. I cannot imagine my subconscious creating such a realistic imitation of you.

The others weren't as lucky as Subaru...

Julius: This is a bewitching spell...

It was a spell? Then I wonder why and how I wasn't affected...

...

Perhaps it was because I was only now actively searching for an answer... But moments after thinking that, my back started to heat up for a very brief moment... And there was a sound echoing in my mind...

"Ahh~."

...If I'm not mistaken... That's...

I smirk to myself and close my eyes.

I suppose she's still choosing to look out for me...

But perhaps now she's found an alternative... I guess talking to her really did make a difference.

Arigatou...

Julius: Subaru, how did you make it back?

Subaru: I burned a flower in my illusion.