𝗏. 𝖻𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗄

CHAPTER FIVE (     Blink     )

CHAPTER FIVE
(     Blink     )

      "Whitney, you're with me. Meredith, you're with Bailey. Karev, you're with Torres. Tom Kates is in this ambulance." Derek informed the three Residents who were following him and two other attendings, Dr. Bailey and Dr. Torres out of the hospital and out back to pick up a patient.

      "The Quarterback?" Alex asked Derek surprised by the patient they were receiving.

       "Yeah." Derek responded.

       "If you see photographers, call security." Callie ordered.

        "Tell your interns no autographs, no pictures. I see anyone pull out a camera phone, it's going on the toilet." Bailey warned them.

        "So there are three of us on one patient?" Meredith asked confused.

        "He's a high profile patient. He gets a lot of attention." Bailey said, as finally their patient was soon wheeled out of the ambulance.

        "I thought we agreed to stop meeting like this?" Derek asked Tom Kates sarcastically.

        "Hey, what can I say, man? I missed your smiling face." Tom replied with a half smile as he was now in view of everyone and they saw his wounds and injuries.

        "Good to see you." Derek whispered.

         "Head trauma, but G.C.S. 15 since regaining consciousness. He got high/lowed by a couple of their linebackers. Dropped like a rock." One of the med doctors on the ambulance informed them while they wheeled him into the hospital and put him on a gurney.

        "Okay, get x-ray in here for a trauma series." Bailey ordered.

        "Tenderness in the upper left Quadrant." Meredith claimed while feeling around Tom's body.

        "I'm gonna need a head C.T." Derek informed them.

        "Got it." Madelaine said as she then started making her way over to the phone so that she could book a Head C.T. for Tom.

       "Oh, there's pain and crepitance in the knee." Derek informed them all.

        "Uh, get an x-ray of the left knee with the trauma series." Callie ordered.