𝗑𝗂. 𝗌𝗒𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

CHAPTER ELEVEN (     𝖲𝗒𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌     )

CHAPTER ELEVEN
( 𝖲𝗒𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌 )

     It's been a few days since Madelaine's been at work. It's also been a few days since Madelaine's date with Mark. And after that kiss that happened between them, she was terrified to go back. But finally, she thought today was the day. She was going to move on from that night hoping that he had already moved on from that night— and the kiss. And she was going to go to work like nothing even happened.

      As she walked into the hospital, hoping that nobody would ask her where she's been or why she hasn't been answering any of their pages for her, she immediately went to the Residents locker room so that she could change into her scrubs and get ready for the day.

     Once she walked into the room, she saw a few other Residents there, none which she talked to on the normal basis. So she knew that she wouldn't have to tell any of them about her date and kiss with Mark.

       After changing into her scrubs, she then attached her pager to her pants and left the locker room before heading down to the pit to see what she'll get today.

•••

     While she was standing in the pit, waiting for some sort of patient to come through the doors, she eventually heard a familiar voice speak from behind her, so she friends around and saw the owner of the voice to be, Jackson Avery.

      "Back at work I see, where've you been?" He asked her. The one question she desperately didn't want him to ask.

      "I've been at home." She replied making him roll his eyes.

      "I know that, but why. You've been ignoring everyone's pages and calls." He said, which made her let out a sigh, now knowing she would have to tell him what happened.

      "I went on a date with Mark, five days ago." She told him, which he already knew because he heard other people in the pit talking about it.

      "I know, everyone in the pit was talking about it." Jackson informed her.

      "Great." She sighed. "But, that's not all." She said as a nervous look grew on his face.

      "Well, what else happened?" He asked her.

      "I sort of... you know, got drunk and well, he had a bit to drink as well and, you know..." Madelaine started to ramble and eventually Jackson started to overthink just a little bit...