𝗑𝗑𝗂𝗂. 𝗌𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝗌𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO(     𝖲𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝖲𝗈 𝖫𝗈𝗇𝗀     )

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
(    𝖲𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝖲𝗈 𝖫𝗈𝗇𝗀     )

After an extremely long day of taking care of her 3 crazy children while her mother was out doing who knows what, Madelaine had gotten barely any sleep from 5 a.m. to now and in a few minutes she had to leave for a late night shift at the hospital, which would be the death of her.

"Mommy where are you going?" Madelaine's youngest daughter Nora asked her since she had gotten up from playing with her and started to head for the stairs after checking her phone.

"Sorry baby, mommy's gotta get ready for work. I have to leave in a few minutes." Madelaine answered, as a sad pout started to form on the little girls face.

"But I don't want you to go away." Nora whined as a smile started to form on Madelaine's face as she then rushed over to her daughter and placed a kissed on her head before wrapping her into a hug.

"I promise you that tomorrow after work, I'm all your to play with." Madelaine said as she held out her pinky.

That was when Nora let out a fake little sigh before wrapping her pinky around her moms.

"Thank you baby, and trust me. I don't want to leave you guys either." Madelaine added before quickly getting back up as she the tan up the stairs and into her bedroom as she quickly threw on a pair of black low waisted jeans, a sage green sweater, and a pair of white sneakers.

After getting changed into her clothes, she then grabbed her purse which already had her things needed for the hospital packed and just like that she was ready to go.

As Madelaine walked back downstairs she then saw that now all three of her kids were sitting on the couch watching television and she smiled at how cute they looked all cuddled up next to each other looking incredibly peaceful.

While waiting for her mother to get home, she then decided to spend these last few moments with her children because ever since she became a Resident she hasn't had much time with her kids. Even though it's pretty much always been like that since she's been practically living at the hospital, her relationship with her kids hasn't been hugely active since then.

"What are you guys watching?" Madelaine asked them softly as she sat down on the empty spot open on the couch next to her daughter Aurora.

"SpongeBob!" Her youngest child Nora exclaimed with a bright and happy smile since it was her favorite show.

"Oh, mommy used to love this show. After a long day of work I would come home and watch it before bed. I loved it." Madelaine confessed.