𝗑. 𝗉𝗎𝗌𝗁

CHAPTER TEN (     𝖯𝗎𝗌𝗁     )

CHAPTER TEN
( 𝖯𝗎𝗌𝗁 )

     Madelaine was standing by one of the nurses stations while flipping through charts with a half drunken cup of coffee in her free hand. While she flipped through some charts, eventually Madelaine heard a huff come from behind her and when she turned around she saw the tall figure of Mark Sloan standing behind her.

      "Hello Mark, what are you doing standing behind me?" Madelaine asked him, sounding concerned and confused.

      "Oh, well, I came to tell you that your on my service today." Mark informed her, which she didn't mind, but she was supposed to be with Teddy today.

      "Are you sure, I mean... I'm supposed to be with Teddy, and isn't Alex supposed to be with you?" She asked him confused.

      "Well, we're switching." Mark answered.

      "Oh, okay. Well, I'll see you again in a few. I'm going to get a refill on my coffee. Running low." Madelaine told him as she lied. But he nodded his head in response before she immediately walked off confused by the sudden arrangement.

      As Madelaine began walking away from Mark, and down the hall. She ended up running into Teddy.

      "Oh, hey Teddy. Sorry, but Mark just told me that I'm on his service today. Your getting Karev." Madelaine informed her.

      "Oh, wow. Do you know why?" Teddy asked her confused.

      "Not a clue." Madelaine replied.

      "Oh, well, have fun... I guess." Teddy said before walking off, leaving Madelaine by herself once again.

•••

      "Whitney! Come here!" Mark ordered, and Madelaine followed his order and walked over to him and when she got there, he was quiet.

      "So... what?" She asked him.

      "How would you like to go on a date with me?" Mark asked her, and wow. It was something Madelaine didn't expect, it completely shocked her.

      "Oh. Wow, M-Mark. I-I wasn't expecting that? Is this some kind of joke... or?" Madelaine stammered, unable to speak correctly after hearing Mark ask her on a date.

      "No. It's not a joke. I'm being serious, I need to move on from Lexie, but I also need to get in a serious relationship." Mark explained.