𝗑𝗑𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗆

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE(    𝖣𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗆     )

( 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗆 )

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After arriving at the hospital and drinking her morning coffee, Madelaine was running a few labs and post-ops when she felt something in her scrub pocket vibrate and she knew it wasn't her pager.

It was her phone.

As she took her phone out of her pocket she looked down at the screen and saw she got text messages from one her sisters Evangeline Whitney.

Evangeline was only 18 years old and a freshman in college.

When Madelaine read the messages she started to grow confused by her sisters sudden messages.

"I love you Mads."
"I think I'm going to die."
"I love you."

Evangeline texted her sister as of course Madelaine immediately texted her sister back to try and find out why her sister was texting those kinds of things.

"Eve, what's going on?"
"Are you safe?"
"Are you okay?"

She texted waiting for her sister to reply back but as she waited, down the hall she saw doctors and nurses gather together as they watched what was happening on the television in the waiting room.

As she started walking down to the room where a bunch of the fellow doctors and nurses were she then looked up at the television where the news was on and playing and saw that something horrible was happening.

"Hey, what's going on?" Madelaine asked Bailey who practically shushed her and told her to listen.

"A major Seattle area shooting... we have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty. Again, that's at Pacific college. We now take you live to our on scene reporter." A news reporter said as Madelaine began to mentally panic, she now knew why her sister sent her the messages.

Pacific College was the school Evangeline was a freshman at. Her school was being shot up.

"Oh, no. No, no, no, no!" Madelaine mumbled to herself as she began to panic when she realized her younger sister was in danger and could possibly be dying for all she knew.

"Madelaine, what's wrong?" Chief Webber had asked her as he and everyone else was confused on what was happening with her.

"Damn it, damn it!" She shouted now gaining the full attention of everyone.