𝗑𝗂𝗑. 𝖺𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗀𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇

CHAPTER NINETEEN (     𝖠𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖦𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇     )

CHAPTER NINETEEN
(     𝖠𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖦𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇     )

     "I have great faith in you... great faith. I can because I chose you, I trained you. I've watched you work. I know what you can do. That's why today is different. The training wheels are coming off, people. I'm throwing down the gauntlet today, people." Webber announced to the Residents sitting in the locker room.

     "Navy scrubs?" Meredith asked as she picked up a pair of the Navy colored scrubs only the attendings wear and looked at Webber confused.

     "Attending scrubs. You are attendings today. Run the cases, take point, but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then... congratulations. You've just been promoted." Webber claimed, before turning to walk out of the locker room but he was then stopped by Lexie Grey.

     "Um, Chief Webber. Uh, sorry. I-I didn't get any scrubs." Lexie informed him, confused why everyone else but her got the attending scrubs.

     "Oh, this is for fourth year Residents only, Grey. It's just a regular day for you." He responded before walking away and leaving.

     "Well, fine. Well, if they're gonna be attendings, then that makes me Chief Resident." She told herself with a smile trying to make the best of this situation.

     "No. That makes you our scut monkey." Alex teased before walking away.

     That was when Madelaine overheard and rolled her eyes, as she then put on her navy scrubs and headed towards Lexie.

     "Well, your gonna have a busy day little Grey." Madelaine said, as she got to Lexie who just sighed. "Also I heard that your sleeping in Meredith's attic next to the Christmas decor and that April took Izzie's room. So I wanted to let you know that your always welcome at my place if you need to get away and sleep in an actual room... in an actual bed." She added, as Lexie then looked up at her with her eyes widened.

     "Wait, really?" Lexie asked.

     "Yeah, of course. My home is always open, and it also would be nice to have someone at my house that isn't my mother." Madelaine replied.

     "Well, thank you for the offer. I'll probably take it up if April isn't gone in a few days." Lexie claimed as she let out a slight chuckle.

     "Well, now that I said what I had to. I'm gonna go, spending the day as an attending is gonna be a pain in the ass so I better get going." Madelaine sighed, before waving Lexie goodbye and walking out of the room and to the pit to find something she could do to start her day off as an attending.