𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍

CHAPTER SEVEN (     𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍     )

CHAPTER SEVEN
(     𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍     )

Madelaine is walking with Alex and Lexie down a hallway to meet in the lobby for a staff meeting, when Jackson, Charles, and Reed run up behind the three of them.

"Either one of you know what this big meeting's all about?" Jackson asked them, as he walked behind Madelaine.

"I hear there was a coup." Reed stated.

"Webber's out. Shepherd's in. Is that true?" Charles asked.

"We know what you know." Lexie sighed.

"Bull. All right? Your sister's married to the guy, and Mads is extremely close to your sister and him. You expect me to believe none of you guys know what's going on?" Jackson argued, which made Madelaine turn around and look at him.

"Mads?" Lexie mumbled under her breath which made Madelaine nudge her with her elbow.

"Don't you guys have your own loser friends to talk to?" Alex asked them annoyed.

"I also heard Shepherd plans to clean house. Maybe he'll start with you." Charles stated.

"Dude, I'm safe. The guy is my roommate. Your the one's who should watch your backs." Alex replied.

"What? What do you know?" Reed asked him.

"Simple math. Shepherd hates the merger. You're from Mercy West, you're toast." Alex simply explained.

"Derek's not gonna fire people just because they're from Mercy West." Lexie interrupted.

"Yeah, he's not like that. He's loyal and fair." Madelaine added.

"Yeah, tell that to Webber." Jackson commented with a smug smirk which made Madelaine roll her eyes.

"Put a sock in it, Jeff." Madelaine snapped back, not letting him get away with little jokes.

•••

"I want to thank you all for being here. I know you're busy, so I'll try to make this quick. As you may have heard, I have been appointed the new interim Chief of Surgery." Derek announced, which made some people including Madelaine look at him confused, and others such as... well, Arizona smile. "It's my personal goal to make this transition as smooth as possible. I know we had a rocky few months..."