𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗌𝖺𝖼𝗋𝖾

CHAPTER EIGHT(     𝖵𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖣𝖺𝗒 𝖬𝖺𝗌𝗌𝖺𝖼𝗋𝖾     )

CHAPTER EIGHT
( 𝖵𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖣𝖺𝗒 𝖬𝖺𝗌𝗌𝖺𝖼𝗋𝖾 )

      Its Valentine's Day. Just another day of the year where Madelaine is in her room... well more like an on call room, stuffing her mouth with chocolates and possibly crying to herself that she doesn't have a lover who will spend Valentine's Day with her like other people in the hospital.

      But starting off this Valentine's Day, she was at a Nurses Station, leaning against the desk while Alex was sitting behind it, and they were talking to each other about some of the patients, when Lexie Grey who was now currently blonde had walked over to them.

      "Quit staring. I'm probably gonna change it back anyway." Lexie called them out as she started reading a patients charts.

      "No, I get it. You get dumped by your boyfriend, and you go for the extreme makeover. Chicks always do that." Alex said, to which Madelaine nods her head in agreement.

      "I didn't get dumped. And I did not do this for Mark." Lexie explained. "I just... it's Valentine's Day, and I wanted to change something. And I could change... I wanted to do something for me, okay? This was for me."

       Madelaine then raised her eyebrows in shock by now, Lexie's little rambling burst while Alex just shrugged his shoulders. "How is that different from what I just said?" He said, before standing up and walking away.

       Lexie then looked over at Madelaine, "I'm changing it back."

       "Okay, but just to let you know... you look pretty hot as a blonde." Madelaine complimented her, before finishing her charts and standing up. "I mean, seriously I'd bang blonde you." She jokingly added, before shooting a wink at Lexie and walking away, leaving Lexie at the nurses station by herself.

•••

     While Madelaine was in the E.R. looking for a patient to help and work on, she eventually saw Owen wheeling in a dark skinned male with an arm that was somehow cut off, and she decided to quickly make her way over to him to help on this patient. 

~

      "Okay, I need another 4 by 4. Okay, dress him. I'm gonna take another look at the arm." Owen ordered Madelaine. "This wound's completely macerated and contaminated. Why wasn't this guy brought in first?" He questioned before walking over to Jackson who was examining the patients amputated arm and who was still not talking to Madelaine.