Confusion

—-

Love is like an addiction..

Ken's POV

I don't know what to do. I keep thinking about Rain..

About Mandy..

About the truth..

What should i do? Should I tell Rain the truth and let her hate Mandy and their mom? Or should i keep it a secret so i could help Mandy? But if I'm going to do that, I'm going to cheat on my girlfriend and that's the least I really want to do.

I sighed as I pick up my bag and went out of my room.

"Hey, hun. Why the long face?" Dad asked as I took my seat in the dining area.

"Nothing, Dad.. Just woke up on the wrong side of bed." I answered lamely.

"Did you have a fight with Rain?" Mom puts the plate of scrambled eggs in front of me.

I placed two eggs in my plate before i answered.

"Nah, Mom. We're good.."

Mom and Dad shared stares and both decided to give me time to think on my own which i happily appreciated.

After a few moment of silence, I speak. If there are people whom i could trust to make a sound decision, it's my parents.

"Dad?" I called in my small voice. Dad sets aside his newspaper and looks at me.

"Yes, hun. Are you saying?" He asked softly while sipping his coffee.

I lazily put down my fork and stared at him for awhile. I took a deep breath and began talking.

"What if you found a truth about a certain thing that you know that is important to the one you love but you also know that it will just hurt them.What will you do? " i asked seriously.

"Hmm.." Dad falls into a deep thought.

"And what if you don't want to tell the truth because the people involved is also dear to you?" I add eagerly, confusion is all written in my face.

Dad gave me his traded grim look whenever he's discussing an important matter.

"So there are two people involved here?"

"Yep, Dad!"

"So are you saying that the thing you found out is between the one you love and the one that is also important to you?" He asked.

I nod in agreement. "Yea, something like that."

"Uhm. And you know that this truth is  important to both of them and they will just both get hurt if you choose between telling and keeping it?"

"Yea..yea..." I agreed again.

Dad gave me a soft smile and patted my hand which is on the table.

"Let me asked you some questions before i tell you what's on my mind. Can I?"

I nod my head for the third time. Dad nods as well.

"Okay. So they are both important to you right?"

"Yea.."

"Do you both love them?"

I stopped for awhile. Do i both love them? Yea, i know i love Rain. But Mandy? Uhm.. I don't know. I just don't want to see her sad. I just want to wipe her tears away and hug her tight. I want to make her smile and hear her laugh—-do i love her?

Do I?!

Yea, maybe.. But in a different state— in a different level.

"Hey, Hun!" Dad gently tugs my hand and gave me a warm smile. "Do you both love them?"