Moving Forward

I really love dead ends! And I wonder why most people hate it. Dead ends are sweet reminders that it's an end of something you're into. Atleast you know that it's now time to stop and try for something new.

---
I don't know what I've done good in my life to deserve this gift---a try to forever road with Rain. Oh,how much I love Lorraine Mckenzie!

It's a wonderful feeling to be loved in return. After all we have been through, I guess we're both healed by our love.

Lorraine is still struggling with her trust issues, and I guess I'm being patient with it. She's also a jealous bitch at times but I think it's sweet of her. We will surely gonna hit it off.

If forever is real, I want to experience it with her. I want to spend my whole life with her on my side as we continue to struggle and live our lives. I want to create wonderful memories with her. I want her to be on my side on my up turns and downturns; and with everything that life has to offer. With her, life will never be boring. It will always be a mystery that yet has to unfold. Life is tricky, fate is harsh at times, but i know that everything is always better when we're together.

"What are you doing?"

I look up and saw Rain's pretty face smiling at me. I'm on our graduation rites. In few more minutes, I'll be handling my diploma. Of course, Rain will be there as my guest. Good thing that I have a special attention on our guards, for they let me in three guests when only two are allowed. My parents are present too.

"N-nothing!" I smiled sweetly on her. I was rewarded by a wide grin.

"N-nervous?" She teased.

I rolled my eyes at her. She has been teasing me about being nervous in my graduation rites. I didn't imagine myself being a cum laude or topping the class, rather, my batch. I am awarded as the cum laude of our college. However, i am not going to speak in front to deliver a speech. I am not good in words either and I guess I'm fine having an award as an accreditation of my scholastic performance.

Gray on the other hand, will deliver an address. It is not only because she's the daughter of the school founder , but also because she's really a remarkable individual. She finished her degree with flying colors, earning the highest acknowledgement that our school can offer. She also has an offer to become a part of the team of the well-known architectural firm in the state. She won numerous awards and acknowledgements in her designs and had passed the pre-board exams, placing number two.

Wade, of course is expected to graduate with honors. And I'm happy that he's dating Mandy. Sure, Mandy has got over me and was now totally smitten to Wade. Wade is now cooler that I thought he is. He is now showing emotions i never thought he's capable of. And I nearly congratulate Mandy for bringing this out.

"L-look!" Rain lifted her hand when the graduates are now being called to start the graduation rites. I kissed Rain and almost run on my place.

After the grand entrance to the school hall, we were now seated to our seats, accordingly by college. I yawned at the interval as every school officials deliver their speech. They even share their aspiring and inspiring thoughts on how graduates like us would be surely struggling in our field. Newbies!

I straightened my seat when my best friend was called up on the stage. As usual, she walks with all the gracefulness and poise.

"Honestly, I don't have a prepared speech. Simply because I'm too lazy to do so, and no one has rendered me a copy of a prepared speech so I could be able to aspire you all. "

All students laugh at what she said while I grinned widely. So typical of Gray.

"I don't even know why I'm standing in front of you and why I have an extemporary award for being a lazy student as I was. Like you, i used to enjoy life to the fullest. I kid, I bitch around, i bully the first one i saw in that first door" Gray points the door of the hall, "And i hate attending classes, I hate passing projects, doing home works and paper works. I used to be sleeping during Spanish and French class. I do ball papers on Maths, draw lines on Science, and scribble notes on history. Seriously, I'm just a typical student like anyone of you. "

Gray lifted her medals and plaque, "In the real world, all of these are meaningless. I can't even sold this in a pawnshop. I can't eat this as well. These weren't license to get a job. These weren't contracts that assures me a well-life."

"Then why are you still saying this stupid things?" Rhian Thompson, stood up and mocked Gray.

Gray just stare at her blankly and nod.

"Just to prove to you that I am remarkable not for being the smartest, nor the richest, nor the most popular, nor being the Queen Bee." Gray replied in a neutral tone. "I'm remarkable because I am what I am. And each of these people, also had the right to share the spotlight with me. Because they had shared the same things like I do. And that they are all worth to be recognized. "

My lips lifted upward as Gray humbly down herself. Yea, right, she was loved by the crowd for being her.

"What matters everyone, is not what we had accomplished but what we has yet to accomplish. What matters is not what we had done but what we has yet to get done. Life doesn't stops, it is continuous. And the real game isn't started yet. And we can all set our game plan. I don't know how to aspire people. But you guys, do aspire me to be here. And i hope i could return the favor by dedicating all what i had accomplished to each of one of you."

Everyone clapped their hands at how my best friend humbled herself to lift each one of us. I motioned a thumbs up when she looked at my direction as she went down the make-shift stage.

The graduation ceremony proceeded with it's expected upturns. And honestly, i could feel the uncertainty in the air. Sooner, I'll be out of my comfort zone. I'll be one of the thousands of unemployed job seekers. Good thing that I have a parents that owned a business, and my future is all secured. Unfortunately, others are not fortunate enough.

When the ceremony ended, Gray ran towards my direction and gave me a bear hug.

"Congrats! " she beamed compassionately.

"Thanks!" I kissed her cheeks and hugged her back. She's the best bestfriend in the whole world. She was my companion since we were five until now that we're old enough.

Gray distance herself a little so she could see my face. "You're the sister i never had." She whispered.

I wiped the corner of her eyes as tears sprung on it. "I will always be the sister you always wish for. I'll never get tired being the best friend to you."

"Y-yeah!" She nods and smiles widely. "I love you, Kristen!"

"I love you too Gray!" I answered back.

She laughs at what i said which makes me laugh as well.

"G-go now! Our girlfriends waiting. " she said in between laughs."Just give me a call!"

I nod and bid her goodbye as I run towards Rain. My home.

Rain welcomed me with a smile.

"Are you ready?" I asked nervously. Rain rolled her eyes while my parents laughed at me.

She pinches my nose and gave me a peck. "I'm always ready to take a leap of my future with you!"

What she says makes me take a great heap of strength. This is it--- a road to forever love.

-----