chapter 9

(y/n)pov

my Team are seen standing inside a Bullhead, where they are questioning Dr. Oobleck about his career, as well as the southeast quadrant of Vale. Oobleck states that the quadrant houses one of the kingdom's greatest failures, Mountain Glenn. 

Yang interjects, remembering that it was meant to be an expansion for the city, but it was overrun by Grimm. Blake notes that it would work well as a hideout, which Oobleck confirms. well that right Blake if something plans to have a hideout it be here i said.

With the exception of Dr. Oobleck, who calmly drinks his coffee, all are prepared for an attack, but are greeted only by empty buildings and howling winds. Oobleck describes the situation, telling the students to listen and to do as he tells them. 

Noticing Ruby's backpack, he tells her to leave it at their starting point and pick it up when they return. Ruby refuses, prompting Oobleck to question what is so important about bringing it along; almost immediately, Zwei sticks his head out, answering the Huntsman's question.

ruby did you really bring Zwei here i said, The doctor unexpectedly praises Ruby on her "genius" in bringing a dog along, stating that they are the ideal companion for a Huntsman. Oobleck spots a single Beowolf which the team prepares to attack.

However, Oobleck halts us, explaining that following it would lead to the pack, which would lead to their prey. However, the whole pack appears shortly after the first and they take notice of the Huntsmen upon arrival.

well that is not good i said as the grimm saw me, uh y/n why do they look at you like that said weiss. that i don't know weiss i answer her, they start attacking. We battled the grimm and i saw Zwei headbutt a grimm, while i holding a Beowolf by it neck.

Did I see Zwei headbutt a grimm i said, yes you did and you still Beowolf by it neck said Blake. well you see it still tries to get me while i hold it neck i said as i crush the grimm neck, see guy why the grimm go after me i said as we back to our mission.

Dr. Oobleck begins asking the team why they chose to become Huntresses, starting with Yang and working his way through every member except Ruby. 

The girls are unable to provide a satisfactory answer, with Yang citing her thrill-seeking attitude, Weiss claiming that it is to protect her family's honour and Blake claiming that she hopes to stop all the various wrongs in the world.

what about you y/n said Oobleck, well i try to get stronger to protect my hometown and everyone i care about too i said as i look at team rwby for a bit. will i never see honour from anyone before you said Oobleck.

Dr. Oobleck asks the rest of the team to set up camp, while he and Ruby secure a perimeter.

(ruby)pov

While patrolling, we sight a Grimm, known as a Goliath. I suggest killing it, but Oobleck warns that my attacks will not do any serious damage, explaining that not all Grimm lack a mind.

some have learned the futility of attacking humans, for now, though they are almost certainly waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Returning to camp, I ask Dr. Oobleck why he chose to become a Huntsman. 

He claims knowledge as his weapon and explains that he feels he can do the most by passing on that knowledge to future generations. He finishes by stating there is nothing he would rather be.

Back at the campfire, Blake, Weiss and Yang are huddled around it, their morale somewhat low, and discuss their answers to Oobleck, clarifying they were not how they truly felt and that they simply do not yet know why they want to be Huntresses.

me and Oobleck return, Oobleck asking who will volunteer for the first watch, i accepts immediately. As I make my way to my chosen outlook, Yang asks if Oobleck questioned her, which she confirms to be untrue.

Blake, Weiss and Yang all settle down to go to sleep, looking deeply troubled. As I look out over the ruined cityscape, a loud howl can be heard; Zwei cuddles up to me, who reassures him that things will be better tomorrow.

After Yang takes my place on watch, Zwei briefly leaves the building, prompting me to go after him. After finding him marking his territory, the two discover nearby White Fang henchmen patrolling the area. 

Ruby decides to pursue them while Zwei idly follows me, finding the place where they are hiding. i attempt to return to our camp, but the pavement collapses. I throw Zwei to safety, but then the remainder of the pavement collapses, carrying me with it, with Crescent Rose being left behind on the surface with Zwei.

(y/n)pov

i was watching the star till yang called out, discovered Ruby was missing.we woke up everyone and Dr. Oobleck tells the students that Ruby might be in trouble. Weiss, Blake, Yang and I find the hole through which Ruby fell down.

(ruby)pov

Inside the White Fang Hideout, i woke up as guards drag me through the base. I noticed another Atlesian Paladin-290 carrying cargo crates and two White Fang soldiers handling a bomb. 

The guards that were dragging me suddenly stop and one of them calls out for his boss, telling him that they have found me. The boss is revealed to be Roman Torchwick, who is less than thrilled to hear the news.

(y/n)pov

Oobleck suddenly realizes that the hideout of the underground criminal operation that they are after is, quite literally, underground, and also remembers about the subterranean tunnels beneath Mountain Glenn.

so you know what this is i said, He explains that after the village was overrun by Grimm, the inhabitants retreated to the tunnels to start over, but then a cave-in revealed another group of Grimm that eliminated the rest of the people, leaving the Kingdom no other choice but to cut off access to the tunnels permanently.

what, so you tell me this place got overrun by grimm and the rest of the people got killed by grimm in the cave i said as he nod. if Ruby did indeed fall into the tunnels, they needed to find her, pulling out Antiquity's Roast said Oobleck as he jumped in the hole with the other.

well this is nuts, but i need to help ruby or she will hurt i said as i jump in to.

(???)pov

i watch this y/n jump in the hole, good you need to save ruby and everyone i said as i open up a portal(orange).