chapter 22

(y/n)pov

At night, Qrow, Ren, Nora, Weiss, Yang, Oscar, Ruby, Jaune, Pyrrha and me(hoodie capes on) head out to meet Leonardo Lionheart who had promised them a positive development in their quest for Huntsmen who could help them raid the Branwen Tribe to secure the Spring Maiden.

They meet him inside Haven Academy's Grand Hall and as they question him, Yang notices Raven in her bird form perched atop the rails of the second floor, causing Qrow to instantly shoot her.

Avoiding the shot, Raven flies down and transforms back, making it apparent that Lionheart has betrayed the group. Qrow and Ruby attempt to convince Raven to join them and fight Salem, but she refuses and opens a portal that allows Vernal, Cinder, Mercury and Emerald to join them.

Hazel then enters the room, closing the door behind him and revealing that the White Fang has started their assault on Haven and is currently planting explosives all over the place.

Cinder then reveals how long Lionheart has been a part of Salem's plans, so Lionheart is Salem follower i said as Cinder team don't know who i am. That's right but who are you said cinder, well you forgot one who you kill i said as I removed my hood and saw my face.

there is no way you are still alive and i kill you said Cinder as her team and others were shocked, well a friend of mine, save me at the same time i use my wing to fly in the air, oh Cinder you next i said as clashing to the ground in front of them and breaking the ground too.

they jump away from and then i use my tail to hit Cinder and launch her to the right, i coming for you cinder i said as i go after with Jaune help too.

Ruby attempts to help us, only for Emerald to stop her and force Ruby to fight her instead. Mercury engages Yang, Raven attacks Qrow and orders Vernal to fight Weiss while Ren, Nora and Pyrrha attack Hazel.

As everyone scatters, Oscar sneaks his way up to Lionheart and begins to battle him. When Oscar activates his aura against an attack and activates The Long Memory, Lionheart realizes he is the next reincarnation of Ozpin, and decides to give Oscar to Salem, in order to finally be free of her, once and for all.

As the fighting continues, Weiss gets cornered by Vernal, who manages to reduce her Aura to nothing whilst Cinder is overwhelmed by me and Jaune with ease.

Ruby holds her own against Emerald but is distracted as Cinder and y/n rush at each other. Remembering y/n final moments, Ruby's Silver Eyes activate, temporarily causing intense light to burst out of her eyes, only for Emerald to easily knock her out while she is not paying attention, causing the light to vanish.

While not causing any harm, Cinder is weakened by the Silver Eyes, also i try to put out Silver fire on me and allow Jaune to chip a fragment of her mask with his sword. Enraged that he came so close to injuring her, Cinder conjures a spear and hurls it at a defenseless Weiss, impaling her. The spear evaporates as Weiss collapses.

(Jaune)pov

I rushed to the unconscious Weiss after she was impaled by a spear thrown by Cinder. Oscar tries to wake up an unconscious Ruby. Lionheart reveals to Hazel that Oscar is Ozpin. Surprised and enraged at this revelation, Hazel challenges Ozpin to a fight, with the latter receiving help from Qrow.

 Cinder, Raven Branwen, and Vernal use the confusion to enter the Vault containing the Relic of Knowledge. As Oscar and Hazel fight, Ozpin reveals that Hazel's sister, Gretchen, was once a student enrolled at Beacon Academy, who was killed in action while on a mission, and Hazel holds Ozpin responsible for her death.

Oscar rebuttals Hazel's resentment towards Ozpin, saying that Hazel's sister made her choice. However, Hazel still wants to kill Ozpin. Realizing that Oscar is no match against Hazel right now, Ozpin takes over Oscar's body despite his objections.