Rest In Pieces

"MISSILE!"

Clarke knew that voice. But still she ran. The last she saw the owner of that voice was her standing frozen in place as the flames surrounded her.

Bodies and limbs were scattered across the scene. Screams filled the eerie atmosphere and fires scorched the structures to the ground.

Clarke had made the decision to follow Lexa out of Ton DC, it seems that she now regrets it.

The ringing in her ears eased after the explosive boom and she turned to her mother who she had managed to drag out of the targeted village.

"Mom, Mom! Are you okay? W-we can't be here. We have to go." She begged, pulling on her arm.

Abby yanked her arm away in disgust, her heart shattered into pieces over what she discovered her daughter had been hiding.

"You knew, you knew and you let this happen?" She growled, holding her rib from where she landed on.

"We had no choice!" Clarke cried.

"So many people, our people. Your friend! I saw her before the blast, she was a sitting duck!"

"No! We had to protect Bellamy! Without him-" tears welled up in her blue eyes.

"I don't want to hear it!" Abby snapped, cutting Clarke off mid sentence.

"Mom..."

"Tell me this was Lexa, tell me this wasn't you!"

"I-I can't do that." She wiped her eyes quickly, collecting herself. "You can't tell anyone about this, if anyone finds out, the alliance of the twelve clans will break. We'll lose the war."

"You crossed the line." Abby murmured, stepping back slowly.

"Mom..." Clarke pleaded.

"Their blood is on your hands, even if we win, you won't be able to wash it off this time." She shook her head, stepping back down to the village in flames. "Don't worry, you're secret's safe with me."

"Mom... No wait! Mom!" She called in desperation.

Abby stormed down the hill and towards the injured, helping them to safety while some other survivors put out fires.

Lincoln and Octavia ran towards the village, gasping at the sight. Embers glowed in the night and smoke suffocated the couple.

Lincoln's eyes watered subtly as he and his partner threw their arms over their faces to prevent inhaling the fresh smoke from the burning bodies and buildings.

His eyes darted around his lost home, imagining what structures used to be in the place of the rubble and crater. "What the hell happened." He breathed.

"Mount Weather launched a missile on us..." She responded in an equally low voice. She halted and looked up at Lincoln with deep concern behind her eyes. "No..."

"What?" He asked, completely unaware.

"Cora, Sh-she was here!" She whispered with a hand over her mouth.

His eyes widened in an instant and he dropped his arm from his face. "No." He looked around the area for her face. "No, no, no!" He ran, not knowing where to start.

"Lincoln, Lincoln stop! Calm down for a second!" Octavia grabbed him firmly on the arm and turned him to face her. "She could have made it out, I mean, she's Cora. She survives!"

He ran a hand down his face and let out a deep breath, his eyes still scanning through the faces of people running to other's aids.

His eyes landed on a dark mound behind Octavia and he pushed past her unintentionally. She watched him as he jogged up to the mound which she soon registered to be a large carcass burnt into the rubble.

A hand shot to her mouth and she nearly crumbled at the sight of Lincoln falling to his knees beside the body.

It was Rajah. He hadn't made it. He was quick enough for the blast at the drop ship but it seemed he wasn't able to escape this one.

She watched his shoulders slump and his body shake. Rajah would never leave Cora in danger, if he was dead then there was no telling what happen to her.

Lincoln's heart broke into pieces when he saw another human carcass burnt beyond recognition face down on the ground right beside Rajah's skull. He couldn't bare looking at it any longer as the tears fell from his eyes. He could only hope it was quick, and that she didn't feel too much pain.

Beware the time jumps ✌🏼️ Welcome the sequel, never as good as the original but still, it's here.

RIP Rajah you magical beast