Night Of The Living Cora

"SINCLAIR!" Octavia screamed, reaching her hand down and weaving her fingers through the delicate ones crying out to her in the ash. "NYKO, ABBY, SOMEONE HELP!"

She tugged at the hand gripping hers, an ash covered forearm extended out from beneath Rajah. The hand holding hers lost strength and let go, making it harder for Octavia to pull the trapped out.

Sinclair abandoned his patient who had only suffered from a broken arm and ran to the desperation of Octavia's voice. He saw Octavia desperately trying to pry a space open to pull the body out and dove to her aid.

"I'll lift and you pull." He instructed, digging his hands under Rajah and lifting with all the strength he had while Octavia pulled.

She groaned as she pulled as hard as she could without injuring the person too much.

Someone else jumped to the other side of Octavia and lifted the section of the feline, creating a bigger gap with his evidently greater strength.

The gap revealed a head of messy hair caked in blood, ash, and mud and a face that was dirtied almost beyond recognition. Octavia grew more desperate and grabbed the girl under her arms and dragged her out with one final pull, falling on to her back as soon as she was free.

The girl's head and arms laid limp on Octavia's lap. "Oh my god..." She panted, stroking the hair off her face.

She reached for a bottle handed to her and poured it on the fabric of her shirt that she ripped off and cleaned the face as well as she could.

The glistening piece of metal pierced through her nose, the scars across her face, the freckles. She was alive. "Cora's alive!" Octavia near cried with joy.

Nyko tucked his arms under the unconscious body and lifted her up, carrying her to the medical area and laid her down on a metal table.

Abby came limping over as well as a few other curious people to see what the commotion was. Her eyes widened but she gathered herself professionally and treated her as she would any other patient, checking her pulse, her pupil dilation then her breathing. "I thought she was dead."

Octavia could only smile as she assisted Abby by cleaning Cora's filthy face and hair.

•Cora•

I caught sight of a hooded figure and a brunette running into the edges of the forest, I caught sight of a little girl tripping and falling, with tears staining her bright red face. I caught sight of Rajah pouncing, and a bright orange. I felt a sharp pain then a warm body on mine as the ground shook beneath me and heat surrounded me.

I couldn't open my eyes, I couldn't move. Was I dead? I don't think so, wait, why would I be dead? I felt like I was dying, that was for sure. What was this pressure, its suffocating. Oh god I can't breath. No, Oh hell, air, air please where are you?

I tried moving but my mind was jumbled and my arms felt detached from my body. Where am I?

I focused hard on my fingers, my head searing as I struggled for air and control over my body. I felt my toes twitch, those were my toes right? Right.

There was a twitch in my fingers, finally. I wriggled my fingers and felt soil under me and something rough, almost fur like in my palms. I dug harder, moving my fingers about and dragging my arm out to my side under the pressure. After a few more wriggles of the finger tips a cold breeze nipped at my skin.

I twitched in delight and moved some more, feeling the cold consume me. The joy didn't last long though, as soon as something that felt like a hand grabbed mine and I held on, a head ache beat me in. I struggled to keep my grip, I struggled to keep my consciousness.

I was snapped out of the darkness when a white light shone in my eye, waving a about slightly. My eyes fell shut and the other opened, my surroundings blur and my eyes almost blinded by the strange light. I could hear mumbling, I could hear the word 'dead'. But within seconds I felt like I had been transported to a different location. Why couldn't I stay awake.

I felt ice cold water drizzle down my scalp, I felt a pair of gentle but strong hands brushing through my hair. This touch was soothing, almost beckoning me into a sleep but I fought with my mind, staying awake as long as I could.

My hearing was blur, I could hear sounds but they weren't very clear. Like I had something over my ears.

I kept my dried eyes close and focused on what was around me, taking my time to think about my location. There was no wind or breeze, possibly indoors. I heard voices coming into focus, English. "Her head was hit pretty hard..." I could make out. I didn't recognise that voice but it was right above me, possibly the person touching my hair.

"Don't worry, she's strong, she'll recover in no time." An older woman said, I didn't recognise it either although I felt like I've heard her voice somewhere before.

"What if she doesn't wake up."

"She will, she has to."

I tried staying silent but the dryness in my throat failed me and I gasped, my eyes shooting open and my fists balling at my sides. I gulped for air but it only ripped through my throat, oxygen tore at my lungs. I could hear my breathing, it was hoarse and painful, just listening to it felt like torture.

"Cora, Cora!" That young voice called to me. Her hands holding onto me for dear life.

I looked around the strange tent with wide eyes, water dripped down my almost bare back and I couldn't seem to register where I was. There was a lot of glass and metal, a lot of strange lights that frightened me.

"Where am I?" I asked, my eyes not meeting either of the people in my presence.

"You're in Ton DC, hey, Cora, look at me." The girl said gently as if to make me feel more comforted.

I finally met her blue eyes with mine, feeling a certain discomfort with her closeness. "Where's my dad? Where's Anya?" I demanded, my first thoughts springing to them.

"Um, Cora?" She mumbled.

I tilted my head, looking the brunette over.

"How old do you think you are?" She asked.

"Sixteen, why?" I frowned, shifting my heavy legs off the metal table. A slight head ache came on but I chose to ignore it.

She swallowed hard, the muscles in her face tightening. "You're seventeen." She corrected me, or at least that seemed like what she was doing.

"What?" I snapped. Is this some kind of joke to cheer me up because I don't see myself smiling anytime soon. "No, who the hell are you people?"

I pushed myself back from the strange women, one dressed in strange clothing but the other looked like one of ours, except I could see that she wasn't. "It's Octavia, don't you remember what happened?"

I dragged myself backed further as they stepped closer, driving me out of their unfamiliar tent.

I looked from the older woman to the girl, shaking my head. "Am I supposed to know you?"

lol.

Just a heads up, she's not gonna forget absolutely everything because that would destroy the whole character that I built up, I just wanted to add some spices to the curry ;)