The Grounder : The Desolation Of Plans

"Brother..." I whispered in the silence. "They've stopped."

He peeked around the corner and up at the hill.

"Lexa did it." He responded.

He slowly rose to his feet and crept around the rock, his eyes peeled for any danger.

I followed straight after, my fingers haven't yet left the arrow on my bow.

"Cora! Lincoln!" Clarke hissed at us, I turned briefly to see her frowning in concern for our safety.

We stepped out further, still no sign of the enemy.

Lincoln looked to me and I looked to Clarke, making large gestures for everyone to get in position.

The short blonde rounded from her safety and stood between us, glancing back at Luna who had been known well to provide a loud voice.

"Let's get this door open."

•Clarke•

Cora wore a complacent look on her face as one of the grounder leaders boomed out orders left and right. Warriors would pass the woman with their eyes diverted, daring not to look the woman in her ice cold eyes.

The leader drew her axe that had a blade that extended further down the handle than normal ones, she pointed it to the door and growled out in her native tongue.

Both Guards from the Ark and grounders from any clan jumped into action. Even those that didn't understand her knew exactly what she was demanding.

They latched two hooks on to the door and made two neat lines.

The woman kept her arm pointing at the door but turned to face those behind her, pointing to them and barking out more orders.

Their lowered shields were brought up once more and forcefully shoved into the ground, spears, axes and swords all in hand.

I kept on my hard exterior as Cora and Lincoln braced themselves. But a knot was tightening inside me.

Lexa had asked me what I wanted after this.

I still had no idea.

Her suggestion on going to the Capitol sounded very appealing in that moment.

Every man and woman stationed at the rope heaved and pulled with all their strength, trying to force the door open.

The knot twisted and churned in my stomach and I had no idea what to do with that feeling.

Here I was stood before hundreds and thousands of grounders waiting to take Mount Weather. Everything was falling into place and perhaps I could finally settle down and enjoy earth as Cora had once offered to show us.

The large metal door creaked and groaned as it pulled away from the frame.

Cheers of victory broke out and everyone became restless.

I glanced over at Cora who had worn a dark smirk, her finger tapping carelessly on the point of her arrow and in the other hand, two tightened around the bow string.

"Weapons ready!" I shouted. "Attack!"

Cora snarled and waited for the door to further wedge open but a voice further up in the hill called down at us.

"Stand down!" It was Lexa's voice.

She stormed down the hill with her people lined up behind her.

I noted the blood that covered her face and approached. "What's wrong?"

She stayed silent.

"Clarke, look!" Monroe tapped me on the shoulder then pointed past me.