That Would Be Impossible

Just a pre warning, there's a bit of shtuff in this chappy so if you're pure and are planning to stay that way or whatever just skim over it ;)

•Cora•

I padded through the halls with my arrow loaded just incase. If one guard was running around without any protection from the radiation, there's no telling how many more there could be.

Bodies littered the ground, the state of their flesh was beyond anything I had seen before.

I kneeled by one of the dead guards and pulled out his gun, inspecting it carefully.

I remember guns, the ones that aren't cursed and can take out multiple enemies under half a minute with well placed shots.

From my crouched position on the ground I heard heavy footsteps descending down a different hall.

I perked up, dropped the weapon and looked in its direction.

I followed it silently, going off the course of my initial destination.

I heard a light crack of flesh hitting something hard followed by a loud groan, almost agonising.

I brought up my bow and arrow again, pulling back on the string and rounding the corner.

I saw the back of him, head down, shoulders slack, hand covered in blood and twitching, uniform loose.

I tightened my pull on the string and stepped to the middle of the hall, not caring for silence.

"Turn around so I can see the life seep from the hole I'm about to make between your eyes." I snarled.

He froze solid and his hands slowly stretched out to either side of him to show me he was without weapons. His head was kept bowed but he turned slowly, careful not to move quickly. Like I would have mercy on a mountain man.

My finger slipped and the arrow flew across the room, narrowly missing his head as I lost complete grip on my bow at the sight of his face.

He flinched and his face showed more pain than a man being tortured.

The bow fell to the ground in a clatter but I didn't move to pick it back up. Why would I?

His eyes were heavy with stress and sorrow and a lack of sleep. His lips parted as if to say something but the internal pain that was clearly evident kept him quiet.

I dropped my shaking hands from in front of me to my sides and took a step closer while he stayed completely still, just watching me carefully as if to read me like an open book.

"Bellamy..." I breathed, my voice failing me and cracking.

His jaw stiffened as it always does when deep in thought, his eyes lit up but only for a second before fading back.

"I'm so sorry I didn't expect..." I approached him quickly. Surely he didn't think I would kill him after everything we'd been through, after everything that's been said.

He flinched as I reached for him. Okay that hurt.

I bit my lip hard and persisted, placing my hand gently on his cheek. The warmth of his skin sent electricity through my veins, it felt more like home than Ton D.C. ever could.

His eyes closed and I felt him press into my hand very lightly before his reached up to pull it away.

"You don't have to pretend." He whispered, his voice gravely.

"W-what?"

"I know you don't remember me after the missile hit." He continued. "You don't have to pretend you do, I'm happy enough that you're alive."