Daddy Issues

"He could have killed you." Bellamy murmured from beneath my father's heavy arm.

I glanced back at him with a shrug. "He could have."

"I couldn't just stand by and watch him cut you down."

I nodded. "I know."

"I would rather you hate me than to see you hurt if I had any say in it."

"But I would rather die than to see the people I love get hurt." I replied, looking deep into his eyes before diverting my gaze to my father's hanging face. "But I understand why you acted, and I love you for that."

He nodded with a smile, glad that I wasn't angry with him. I had no real reason to be, everything he did was for me to make sure I would be safe.

I turned back around and held a branch aside for Bellamy, Lincoln and my father's limp body between them. Finally we had emerged from the forest and were filing up the hill towards the camp.

At the gate, Bellamy looked back and must have seen something, gesturing for a guard to help with dragging my father in.

I watched him as he looked off towards the forest then at me. He noticed my curious stares and squeezed my arm gently. "Hey, you go on ahead, I'll be right with you."

I nodded and rubbed my thumb against the back of his hand, turning into camp as he turned out.

On the way in I passed Jasper who stood staring at his goggles in hand and I gave him a soft pat on the shoulder accompanied by a comforting smile.

His smile was weak in return but he had suffered terrible heart break from what I had gathered, it was a miracle that he was holding himself together this well.

I followed after Lincoln quickly and thanked the guard for his help before lifting my unconscious father on to the table and strapping him down.

"So I guess we wait..." I sighed, looking down at his over grown hair and his untamed beard.

"He should be craving the red soon, it would have been a while since his last dose." Lincoln told me.

"So that whole time, you never saw him?" I asked, grabbing a rag and wetting it.

Lincoln shook his head, looking down at his feet.

"You don't have to say anything." I assured him. "Why don't you go find Octavia, I can handle him."

He looked at me to make sure I meant what I said, and I did. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and turned my attention to my father, wiping to blood and white paste from his face. I heard Lin leave but it didn't bother me, I wanted this silence for a moment, to be able to look at the man I thought had long been dead.

I had gotten lost in my own mind when I heard Bellamy's voice break the silence. "Clarke's gone."

I turned to face him and waited for him to elaborate.

"She says she's not coming back."

I smiled, but it wasn't out of happiness. "She will."

"How can you be sure?"

I shrugged and stepped closer to him. "I just am."

He smiled at my optimism and wrapped his strong arms around me, pulling me close as if afraid to let me go.

"You don't look like him." He suddenly commented.

I turned to look at my unconscious father and pursed my lips. "Yeah, it would have been a horror to have inherited his hairiness." I looked back up at him and quirked a smile. "Besides, my mother had stronger genes."

He leant down and pressed his lips against mine longingly, sweeping my breath away.

We pulled apart and I looked up at his worn out features, his hollow cheeks, his dark under eyes. He was exhausted, and probably starved.

"You should eat and get some rest." I suggested. brushing my thumb against his cheek.

His eyes searched my face as mine did him, seeing things that I couldn't. "I will when you do."

A loud tugging and thrashing from behind startled the both of us, causing us to jump apart and rush to my strapped down father. "Papa!" I called, running to his side.

His eyes were rolled back and his back was arched away from the surface he laid on as his whole body trembled.

I watched him, terrified and not knowing what to do. "We have to do something!" I yelled in panic.

Bellamy looked as if he was about to run for help. "I'll get Abby."

I shook my head quickly. "She's operating on Hamilton."

"Sinclair?"

I shook my head once more. "Raven."

He balled his fists and cursed under his breath, coming back towards the table.

"We have to do this." I muttered. "I'd rather risk it than wait because either way he'll end up dead."

Bellamy nodded and looked down at my spasming father.

He finally stopped and laid limp, Bellamy carefully checked for his pulse then clenched his jaw. "I better get this right." he whispered as he placed one hand on top of the other on his papa's chest and started pressing, each time counting under his breath.

It wasn't long before my father gasped and his coarse, laboured breathing started back up again.

Bellamy stepped back with an accomplished exhale and looked to me, smiling as he saw the joy spread across my cheeks.

My father looked from Bellamy and I, his dazed expression morphing into something deadly as he began snarling and lunging at us through his restraints.

"We should leave the room so that he doesn't break the chair." Bellamy suggested, rounding the table and sheltering me from the immediate danger.

I nodded and followed him out to look for Sinclair. "Do you think they'll let him stay?" I asked.

Bellamy shook his head, "I don't know, Cor, they might help him cause he's your dad but, wether he stays or not I have no idea."

I nodded. "I doubt he'd want to stay anyways. This isn't his home."

"You don't know that." Bellamy objected, gripping my arm gently. "He's your dad, he loves you doesn't he?"

I shrugged. "It's been a long time since I last saw him. A lot has changed, I've changed." I looked back at the tent. "I'm not the same daughter he used to love."