I Wish I Didn't Have Amnesia

I tripped on my own feet as the headache returned, my back hitting the ground hard.

I groaned at my aching body and flipped onto my stomach, looking down my deeply bruised arms. I cursed myself and tried pushing myself up. The one called Octavia ran to my side, gently guiding me up though I refused the stranger's assistance.

"Look Octavia, whatever sick joke this is, it can stop now." I growled, pulling myself away from her. "I'm clearly not in the mood."

Her name slipping from my mouth gave me flashes of torches and blades being pointed at me. I flinched at the images in my head but turned away from her to find the master of this trick.

I didn't get far, I didn't get anywhere. I stared at the disaster that surrounded me, pure grey and black everywhere. This had to be a nightmare.

I looked around my battered home and fell to my knees. Pain coursed through my body on impact but I had learnt to ignore physical pain, because no matter what, my heart hurt more.

A headache made its way in from the back of my head and I suddenly felt faint. My body now than ever felt weak and I struggled to fight against its wishes.

The other woman ran to me and told Octavia to get me inside, that I needed to rest. I shut my eyes, feeling the blur close in on me.

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on a hard surface once more. I blinked away the sleep in my eyes and squinted up at the lights. The lights soothed me. It made me think of warm arms wrapping around me and lifting me away from my troubles, it made me feel relaxed and my mind was free of worry.

I glanced around and saw a brunette with her back to me. I tried sitting up but felt a strong strap across my chest, arms thighs and legs. I tugged at the restraints, testing its strength.

The woman turned around to me and smiled gently, like she was relieved to see me awake and active. "Sorry about the restraints, we need you resting. You've suffered a concussion and your body may have some internal trauma."

I stared at her for a while, not understanding a work she just said to me.

She felt familiar, yet so foreign.

"Who are you Abby?" I asked. Her name springing from my mind.

"Oh, you remember me." Her eyebrows raised.

"Well, no, I just knew your name." I frowned down at my bruised body. "I don't know how."

Her face changed to disappointment but she then put a hand over mine which I pulled away from instinctively.

She retracted her hand and stepped back.

"Like I said, who are you?" I asked once again.

"I'm Clarke's mom, a doctor." She said, like I was supposed to know.

"Like I'm supposed to know who that is." I mumbled.

She gave me a blank stare.

"What?" I barked.

"I don't-I don't speak your language." She responded.

Who the hell was she? And where the hell was my family like I asked for previously?

"Untie me." I growled.

"I'm sorry I can't have you moving around, I can't predict what will happen to you if anything small or big were to happen."

"Let. Me. Out." I hissed through gritted teeth. "Do it before I-"

"Cora!" A voice familiar and comforting call from the tent door, his voice ragged and out of breath.