Father Of Peace

I watched my father as he once more thrashed violently against the table.

My hand gripped on to Bellamy's tighter as I watched his body tremble and jerk.

Sinclair moved around the room, gathering supplies and attending to him.

"He should be coming down from the drugs." Sinclair informed me as he geared up the heart starter as I had come to call it.

I flinched as my father fell limp once more.

Bellamy pulled me closer and held me tight as Sinclair made immediate work of reviving him.

He stuck two patches to my father's bare chest and moved aside, pressing a button that forced his body to jolt. He waited a moment before doing it once more, sweat beaded at his forehead.

He exhaled and pulled off the patches, placing fingers one his patient's neck.

I quickly moved to his side and looked down. "What's wrong? Did it work?" I demanded.

Sinclair looked at me with a smile. "Yeah."

I looked back at my father's paled, sweaty face and waited for a sign of anything.

His dark brown eyes flickered open and rolled towards me.

I swallowed and took a step back, worried he may lash out at me as he had many times before. I didn't want to admit it, but it terrified me.

"Anna..." His almost unfamiliar voice wheezed quietly.

"I'll leave you to it." Sinclair said calmly with an accomplished smile on his face as I stood, still trying to comprehend what was happening.

I stared bewildered at him, his head now fully turned to me. "My daughter..."

My breath quickened and my heart pounded out of my chest as he stared straight at me. It felt like a dream. This couldn't possibly be real. Someone I had been lead on to believe was dead after all this time was laying right in front of me, calling for me. Even when I had him back as a reaper, it was different. He wasn't really my father back then, he was barely human. But now here he was, awake and speaking to me, calling for me.

My jaw was clenched and my eyes were watering. This was real.

"Papa?" I breathed.

His strapped down hand turned palm up, reaching for me.

I stepped closer, slowly, feeling both sets of eyes in the room nailed on me. I placed my hand in his rough, battled hand and watched as his fingers curled around it.

I swallowed hard on the thick lump in my throat and felt my lips quiver.

"I thought you were dead..." I whispered.

"I wished that I was for every second."

A tear trickled down my cheek as I burst with unsung emotions.

I tugged his restraint loose while Bellamy quickly rounded to release the rest of them.

My father sat up with an aching groan and wrapped his large arms around me, pulling me close.

"It was such hell without you Papa..." I whimpered.

He stroked my hair and remained silent, knowing that all he could do was hold me.

We pulled apart and he glanced around the room at his unfamiliar surroundings, then at Bellamy who stood aside silently.

"Where am I? Where is your sister, where is Anya?" He wondered.

More tears escaped my eyes and I shook my head, letting out another soft cry. I could see the colour flush from his face, the pain that welled in his eyes.My heart sank to the ground as I watched his eyes flicker between shock and grief.

"She died well," I told him with a shaky voice. "She was going to help join Trigeda and the Sky People in an alliance."

He stared at the ground for a long while, thoughts spinning in his mind. I stepped back to give him his space and reached for Bellamy in great need for his comfort.

He grabbed my hand and squeezed, a sense of assurance translated through his touch.

"The sky people?" My father suddenly spoke, lifting his gaze to me, then once again at Bellamy. "This is one of them?" His eyes inspected our joined hands.

I nodded. "This is Bellamy." I introduced. "The sky people had served well in the battle against the mountain men."

He did not answer, only staring into Bellamy with something dark behind his eyes. Something protective.

He pushed up from the table and stood with mild difficulty, striding confidently and slowly towards us.

Bellamy held out a hand, one that my father grabbed and shook briefly. "Bellamy Blake, sir."

I shared a glance with my father, though there was an unspoken sorrow in his eyes, he managed a miniature smile and clapped Bellamy on the shoulders. "There are no need for formalities, boy." He chuckled lightly. "Axel."

Bellamy nodded and took his eyes away for my father's steely ones.

"Ton DC, what of it." He looked down at me and asked. "Who is caring for it now?"

I shook my head. "Ruins, the Mountain Men destroyed it, killing Rajah in the process."

His eyes became apologetic but his tone remained as firm as it always was. "The mountain men who are all now... dead?"

I nodded. "All but one." I answered. "But he betrayed his own people in order to help us."

He paced across the room as he always did when deep in thought, his hand stroking his wild beard.

"I must return to the Capitol, Anna, we must return home, to Ton DC and rebuild." He turned to me, as if not to request it of me but to demand. "We have to restore our home to its former glory."

I clenched my jaw as I felt Bellamy's hand grip tighter, a plea for me to stay.

My heart pounded as my father made the same plea, but through his dark expressive eyes.

Both men tore me apart, one that I had known my whole life, and only to recently regain; another that crashed into my life when I felt most alone and let me feel love again.

Both men begged in the silence but I could only choose one.

The title is what Axel means btw.