Family Reunion : Pt 2

"Don't they bother you?" I asked, looking at Bellamy from over my shoulder as he offered helping on my coat.

He tilted his head in confusion. "What does?"

"The scars, the marks, the ugly." I muttered, feeling conscious of them and pulling my coat on tighter.

I never was before, in fact I remember the days I would brag about them with my so called friends in Ton DC. I used to be proud of them. But now, I had a different look on them. I felt like they separated me from Bellamy and his people and that with them, they would always see the feral side of me.

"They're not ugly, they're you and that's beautiful." He smiled, grabbing my face in his hands. "Don't go getting conscious about them, I like them, it shows how badass you are. Not that I need any proof."

I smiled and closed my eyes, leaning into his warm hands. "Thank you." I whispered softly.

He leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on my lips, lingering for a moment before pulling away slowly to continue dressing.

I tied up my final lace on my boots and jumped up from the couch. "Ready?" I hummed.

He smiled his famous side smile, buttoning up his new shirt since I practically destroyed his last one and stood. "Yeah, let's go face the world."

I grinned and slipped my comparably small hand into his and pulled him along out the door.

We scaled the boring halls until we finally came across the rest of the sky people.

Octavia stared at us for the longest, a smile crept across her face and she waltzed over to me for a hug. "You're you again."

I pulled back and chuckled. "I hope I am."

"We have to get back as soon as possible." Abby Griffin stormed out of a room with blood covered hands. "I've stabilised him, all we have to do now is perform an operation to get that bullet out."

I looked over towards the door in which she came from and saw familiar faces emerging one after the other. Then a stretcher was lifted out. One carrying a dear old friend.

I ran to it in sudden fright, looking down from Hamilton's paler than usual complexion to his blood covered abdomen.

"What happened to him?" I asked with urgency, "How is he not dead like the others? Why is he like the pale man?"

"They used our marrow to treat him." Abby informed me whilst ushering people out of the crowding hall.

I looked to Bellamy with a bewildered expression as he grabbed my arm lightly. "I pushed him into taking it, he was in too deep."

"Did he want this?" I questioned. "The Hamilton I knew would never have let this happen."

"No, he didn't." Bellamy seemed ashamed as he bowed his head. "I gave him no choice, this wasn't his fault."

"We can discuss this later, right now, we need to get back to camp Jaha." Abby interrupted, waving the stretcher further out.

I enclosed my hand around Bellamy's wrist and looked up into his eyes. "I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking." I spoke in a hushed, gentle tone. "I'm just confused."

He nodded as if he wasn't fully convinced but followed me to the front of the forming line where Lincoln and Octavia led the way towards the mines since it was the quickest route back out.

The tunnels no longer reeked of death and fear, it was just dark and silent, nothing else.

We all walked in peace and a feeling of relief lingered across us all, but my ears had to ruin it for everyone.

Over the loud chatter of the people, I heard stomping, it was something rather loud too.

I pulled ahead of the line out of curiosity and drew my sword.

An orange, fire-like light came into view then before I knew it there was a lit torch being thrown at me from around the bend.

I dodged it and brought up my sword in preparation for an attack.

"Cora!" I heard Bellamy yell as the reaper charged and swung his sword at me like a bat.

The impact on my defence was solid and it nearly knocked me off balance. Nearly.

I swung it back around and our blades collided with a loud clatter.

He jumped back at my second swing, behind the light of the fire and exposing his rough, blood covered face.

I dropped my sword in an instant and heard the click of a loading gun. It was as if every second of the situation slowed down to a heart stopping speed from that moment.

I spun around with a hand out towards Bellamy, screaming the word 'No'. I turned back around to see the sword aiming down the middle of my head and jumped to the side, rolling across the ground. The sword's blade snapped and the shard flew towards me.

Bellamy called out my name once more and a gun shot went off. I screeched in horror and dodged the metal, only to find that the reaper was shot in the shoulder and disarmed. Momentarily, I could barely hear a sound but I could see the my attacker turning his attention back to me.

He charged for me, arms extended and ready to crush my skull. When he was just about a meter away from me, a sharp ringing went off, setting both of us into a crippling spiral.

I looked up to see Octavia running over and jabbing him quickly in the neck before turning off the tone generator.

I let out a quick breath and pushed myself up into a sitting position.

Bellamy ran and slid down to my side. "What the hell was that about?" He asked in panic.

I shook my head over and over, crawling to the fallen body and rolling him over. I shared a look with Lincoln and he saw exactly what I saw. I looked over my shoulder to an expectant Bellamy. "That's my father."

I might try and finish this once and for all at chapter 20-25 cause let's be honest, I'm abandoning the shit out of it. Not intentionally of course, it's just that life gets in the way and I don't like leaving things unfinished.