Smooth Recovery?

•Octavia•

I slid down beside Cora once more with a variety of objects in my hands. She looked up at me with a glint of recognition in her features.

But then again, I've been seeing a lot of that in her these past hours. Once in a while I would catch her smiling to herself but within a second it would dissolve so I never knew if my wishful thinking was getting the better of me or if she had actually been remembering things.

"How're you feeling?" I asked, dumping the items on the ground.

"Tired." She mumbled, resuming her position on the log with her head resting in her hand.

On Abby's orders she had been told to stay awake incase her head injury caused her to fall into a coma. Of course Cora had tried to sleep despite what she had been told but Abby had somehow been able to catch her every time.

I had been up on Indra's orders, something about wanting me to get stronger and being ready for any job given no matter how awake I felt.

"I was hoping to jog your memory." I told her, picking up the cold metal.

She glanced down at my hand and furrowed her brows.

"God no." She hissed, pushing away.

"You remember this." I sat up with excitement.

"Are you kidding? That thing's like a devil screeching in my ear!" She sort of chuckled but her laugh faltered and melted away. "My mind has gone through torture within the hours, I know you're just trying to help, but I need to do this on my own."

I looked down at the fire and nodded. "Yeah, sorry. It's just I don't want you to forget about the people that love you."

I felt her eyes on me for a while until she stood. "You've always been there for me Octavia, Thank you."

She left me at the fire alone with my thoughts. I guess I was there for her, especially when everyone else saw her as some kind of monster. Wait. I've always been there. How would she know?

I spun around on my log to hold her up for a second but she had disappeared into the forest.

Instead I saw Clarke.

I had noticed something stirring between her and Lexa. The frequently exchanged looks, the arguments, the low whispers. There was something they were telling the others. But I knew what it was.

I stood and strode up to her, my hand resting firmly on the handle of my sword.

"Clarke." I called, my voice low and gruff.

"Octavia..." She stopped to look at me. Her words quivered slightly but she tried her hardest to stay level. "How can I help you."

"How can you help me? Is that what you have to say?" I hissed, stepping her up. "What else do you have to say for yourself."

Her eyebrows furrowed, confused but still, deep inside there was that look.

"I know what you and Lexa did, Clarke." I growled. "The missile hits and you two are no where to be seen. But then everything settles down and you reappear without a single scratch. Mind explaining?"

I knew the answer and she knew I did. There was no point in her denying it.

She sighed and leaned in, her eyes flickering about the people passing by. "You have to keep this quiet."

"You weren't even worried that your friends may be in immediate danger were you? The only reason you seemed so glad to see me and Cora is because you didn't know if you could live with the guilt." I barked, ignoring the looks she was giving me. "Yeah well Cora's alive, isn't she. She might never be the same again, but she's breathing."