They Call Me Stacy They Call Me Anna

•Cora•

I screamed at the top of my lungs, my sword in the air, my heart thumping in my throat.

Never had I felt so ready to kill.

I swore off killing people for a while back when I killed her. It scarred me for a long time, well, a few months but in our time it was long.

She was one of the nomads, the ones that were not willing to leave the forest. Her and her family refused to risk their lives and go to the city of light, so they stayed, moving around the forest to avoid our patrols. I was never too sure that that was her story but it was the same with all of the nomads. Mind you I was one for a while but she was a smudge in the bloodline, a mutant.

I was slightly younger than her, a year or two perhaps and she was with her father and brother when we stumbled across them. I was with my father, he shoved me behind him at the sight of the two, his bow and arrow drawn.

How old was I? Twelve? Thirteen? It doesn't matter, it was a while ago. But I was still young and inexperienced so I had little skill when it came to battle.

I remember my father pushing me away as the brother and father neared. "Anna, run!"

I was scared but I knew my father was the best warrior there was, at least he was in my eyes. But I couldn't leave him, it was two against one.

The father of the opposing side turned his head to the girl, "Cora, hide now!"

I stumbled back as my father pushed me further. "Anna, listen to me!"

The brother lunged for us, I jumped out of the way and hid behind a tree. Father swung his sword, forcing his opponent's out of the way then pulling it back and shoving the point of his sword into the young man's chest.

"No!" The two screamed.

I watched with worry as her father charged for mine, making angry blows at him.

The girl cried and sobbed on the other side, her eyes glued on her brother's lifeless body.

Father knocked over his opponent, shoving him to the ground and pressing his hands into his throat.

The girl let out a cry and pulled out her sword.

My eyes widened and I ran for her brother's sword. She seemed to have completely forgotten my existence and started running for my dad, the blade ready to attack.

I growled and did just as my father did and plunged the sword into her side. She collapsed and her hands, covered in blood gripped her wound. I stumbled back in shock and watched the blood drain from her. "I'm sorry... Cora..."

Father punched the man in the face, dazing him for long enough to pull out a dagger and finish him off.

He scrambled over to me and grabbed my shoulders, looking into my eyes but I wouldn't meet his gaze. My eyes were fixed on the dead body across from me, on the blood that pooled around her.

"Anna..." Father whispered.

I looked up at him with watery eyes. "That's not my name."

He tilted his head, confused and concerned. "Anna, you saved me, you were brave."

"Anna is gone." I mumbled.

Killing was something that everyone else did and I accepted it, but doing it myself, that changed everything.

"What are you talking about?" He hissed.

"I will take her name, so I never let myself forget." I whispered.

"Anna, this is insane, you know it had to be done." He pleaded for my sanity. Since that day you could say I was never right in the head, I was unstable and just crazy in general.

"It's Cora now..."

Thinking back on it now I couldn't help but think about what a mental child I was. I guess I missed some aspects of Anna but I was weak back then, I hid and acted as I was supposed to, never challenging others.

The most recent version of me that I know of was independent, served others if they deserved it but mostly kept to myself. The other seconds would laugh together and hunt together but I would train alone, tossing about steely glares. Its not that I disliked them or anything, but alone time was appealing to me at times, other times I did indulge in the company of others.

I was told that the Mountain Men control the reapers, and that is who I will blame for the loss of my father.

__Mount_Weather__

Hamilton and Bellamy crawled through the vents one in front of the other on their way to the harvest chamber.

Bellamy removed the cover and slid out, getting to his feet and pulling out a set of keys.

It was a shame for them that they couldn't just use Hamilton's key card since Lovejoy's had been cut off, but the president had called for every swipe of every card to be monitored. He believed that there was still another infiltrator within them.

Hamilton pulled out his own set of keys and unlocked a grounder. She lunged at him and he jumped back, not expecting her outburst.

There was another female voice behind him, a stern one that settled the uneasy grounder in front of him.

He glanced over to see Bellamy supporting another grounder.

Echo hissed at the fighting girl to calm down, that she could trust these people. She then listened with her full attention about the plan ahead of her.

"Our people are outside those doors waiting for a fight, you need to get your people ready for a fight." Bellamy informed her, unlocking another cage.

The other grounder's noticed this strange act going on and started rattling their cages, growling loudly to be noticed and freed next.

"They're getting too loud." Bellamy voiced over the howling and snarling.

Echo yelled out at the top of her lungs in the language that both Hamilton and Bellamy did not understand. "If you want to be free, be quiet!"

She nodded to Bellamy, signalling for him to keep talking whilst helping out each grounder that Hamilton unlocked.

A whir of the speakers in the walls sounded loudly, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "Citizens of Mount Weather, I'm afraid we have some bad news." The sound of Cage Wallace's voice only caused more panic and stress within the two young men.

What more could they possibly endure?