1. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

I was getting married today

Let me rephrase that.
I am being forced into an alliance today. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time seeing my pathetic situation.
Arya Mehta , who have always preached about feminism , equality and freedom of speech was currently in a heavy lehenga waiting for the muhurat so that she can marry the profitable groom her father has found for her.
Honestly she didn't care anymore. Her life was equal to the hell already. How worse can it get than that?

I played with my embroidered dupatta, her anxiety growing by every passing second.

Everything about my wedding screamed richness and luxury. It definitely was not very 'me'. If she could make a list of the things that she selected, it would be a blank paper. From her lehanga and jewellery to the food , was picked by her parents.

She wasn't surprised at all. The people who  didn't give her a choice to select her husband were obviously not going to give her the choice in any other matter.

Her friends had tried to cheer her up

Her friends had tried to cheer her up. She was going to be married into the Singhania household. And that was another reason she was questioning her fate.

She hated the Singhanias. She hated people like them who lived on top of riches as if royalty. She herself was from a well to do family and if she learnt anything it's that more money a person have , the more heartless they become.

There was a knock on my door. I opened to see my Bridesmaids smiling.  I smiled in return as they hugged me and walked me to the mandap.

My mother left a sigh of relief seeing me.
Did she really think that I'll run away from my own wedding? Well , If you think about it , I should have.

With a fake smile plastered accross my face , I was escorted to the mandap in my bridal attire towards my soon to be husband who was already seated in the mandap. We didn't bother to acknowledge each other as we sat there.
The ivory sherwani he was wearing made him look regal and both of us together was the majestic couple of the evening the media wanted to see.

The rituals went on and it was time for her Kanyadaan. Her father proudly handed me over to him without even a moments hesitation.

She had often imagined about her wedding.  She has dreamed of doing the sath phera with her husband and giving him a promise on each circles.