23. 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮

The Ahluwalias left yesterday

The Ahluwalias left yesterday. Turns out Kiya was getting engaged next month and She invited her personally which Dhwani was obviously going to ignore.

Kiya had sobbed in Veer's arms about how she was going to miss him , once she leaves for America.

Dhwani didn't know if she should feel angry or happy. On one side , she wouldn't have to see that female canine again but on the other hand , she was in her husband's arms.

They had tried to pick on her a couple of times but Dhwani was too tired nowadays.

She was drained.
Physically and mentally.
She felt like crying and screaming out loud but somehow the tears never showed up. She even tried reading her favourite books again to atleast feel something but she couldn't even concentrate on that. Her tension was ruining her. The constant strain on her body was not helping too.

Her overthinking mind always had something bizzare to make her worry.
And the biggest one yet was , is she right? Is her decision to leave Veer right?

Dhwani always thought about it. Maybe she was wrong. She could still give him a second chance. But the small ohm necklace on her neck always bought her back to reality.
She caressed it with a small smile.

"Papa? "

"Ha beta? "

"Why do you always wear this chain around your neck? "

Mom looked up from the vegetables she was chopping.

"Why are you suddenly so curious? "

It was a Sunday and all of them were sitting in the kitchen, just enjoying each others presence.

Her brother was playing with his new toy cars and Dhwani was sitting comfortable on the lap of her father who was reading the newspaper.

"Bas. Aise hi. "
(Just like that)

She traced the intricately carved ohm with her fingers.

"It was given to me by my mother. " Her father answered her , looking up from the newspaper

"Really? "

"Really. "
"She wanted me to wear it always so that I'll remember her even when we were not together. "

The young girl was looking at the locket with more fascination.

"Do you like it?"

She looked into his eyes and nodded with innocence.

He smiled at her cute face and removed the chain from his neck and tied it around hers.

It was definitely too big for the small girl but she couldn't care less as she giggled with happiness.

He kissed her forehead lovingly.