39. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

"There's nothing to worry It went through his arm

It went through his arm. We have stitched it.
There are some scratches on his face and hands which will heal given enough time and rest. "

The doctor explained to Veer , Dhwani and Rehan whose tension subsided the tiniest bit.

They could see Dhruv sleeping in the hospital bed peacefully due to the sedatives.

"What happened? " Mahi asked coming in with Arya right behind her.

Mahika couldn't hide the worry from her face even if she tried. 

"It's okay. He's okay. "Dhwani replied and gave her a comforting hug.

"What's with your husband and ending up in the hospital" Arya asked sarcastically. She was grateful to Dhruv but he did feel like the person who loves to hangout by the Emergency room and ICUs.

"I really don't know" she replied exhaling a tired breath.

"You should go home jiji. " Mahika said noticing the exhausted demeanour of Dhwani.

"No no it's okay" she tried objecting.

"She's right Dhwani you should be resting too " Veer said softly.

"Are you sure that I should go?" Dhwani asked Mahika one more time.

Mahika nodded in answer.

"Rehan you take her home. I'll stay back Mahika. " Arya said to Rehan who nodded and exited with Dhwani.

"Mahika do you want to see him?"
Veer asked her sympathetically.

"It's okay bhaiya. I'm fine. " She replied with a sigh.

Veer understood her situation and decided to give the girls some privacy.

"Are you not going in to see him Mahi?" Arya questioned making her look at her.

"No . I don't want to live through some memories again " she replied truthfully.

"Why were you with that guy in the first place"

In the little time she had known the two women Arya became very protective of them.

"I was too in love. A person should never be too in love. " The wisdom and truth in her words sent chills down her spine.

The hospital smell and the beeping sounds were making Mahika nauseous. They were bringing back memories she didn't want to go through.

"Arya can you take me home?" She asked her voice frail.

"Why are you sick ? are you okay?" Arya asked the gentle woman worriedly. She looked pale.

"I'm okay it's just.."
"Dhruv would like it better if I didn't see him"

*

In the car an awkward silence ensued between Rehan and Dhwani.

Rehan decided to break the ice and asked