14. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮

Veer has not yet returned from outside

Veer has not yet returned from outside. I was getting restless. So I decided to Talk to Papa.

Dhwani was orphaned at the age of 5. That was the first thing she and Veer bonded over. He felt that after the death of his mother , it was as if their father abandoned them too.

There was always a gap between the father and sons because of it.
She had tried very hard to build a bridge over that gap but the Singhania men are the defenition of stubbornness. Eventually she let go of the idea.

Her parents had died in an accident with her two year old brother. They were coming back from a relatives wedding. Dhwani didn't go as she was unwell.

None of her family members wanted to take her in. So the orphanage became her second home.

Even if Veer felt like that , for Dhwani Raghav Singhania has always been there as a father figure. Even before her wedding. From the day of her interview.

*

"Good morning sir"

"Good morning"

"Make yourself comfortable" he said pointing towards the chair in front of him.

"Thank you sir. "

"Dhwani Taneja am I right? "
"Yes sir. "
"Let's start the interview shall we?"

.........

"Ms Taneja, your academic excellence is really impressive but I am more impressed by how you carry yourself. Trust me I am never impressed. " He said with a smile.

"Thank you sir" I sighed.

"There is one last question I want to ask. "

"In your resume it states that you worked for a human welfare NGO and that is the only career experience in your life. But is it a real job Taneja? "

"You are right. It's not sir. It is not a job but a person's duty. I believe that every human being should do what he can to make this world a better place. So I was not exactly doing a job. I was merely doing my duty towards my fellow humans. "

He looked at her shocked.
His eyes burned into hers as if he was searching for something. Then he smiled , a slow painful one like the smiles we give when remembering a bittersweet memory.

"You are hired miss Taneja. "

*

Dhwani was more than surprised when he proposed a marriage between her and Veer.
Yes she did have a crush on him. 
Yes she was happy.
But it doesn't mean she wasn't shocked.