36. 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽

"Why can't both of  you make it work?"

"Papa I already made you aware that we were getting a divorce. How can I continue to be in that position after that?" Dhwani explained to dad. They were in his cabin and were trying to make him understand their situation. 

"I didn't give that position to my son's wife. I gave it to my daughter. " Dad said assessing Dhwani with a stern gaze. 

Dhwani sighed not able to come up with an argument for that.

"Dad but the media. They will make a living hell out of this. " Veer tried explaining.

"Raghav Singhania has never done something for ir because of the media and he is not going to now. " He was not ready to make any kind of changes to his decision.

"You could have asked us before you made the announcement Dad. "

"And I apologised for that. I didn't know I had to ask your permission to do what is best for my company. "

"There is no point in blaming and accusing each other. " Mukundan Iyer , my father's right hand man said sternly.

Mukundan uncle was with dad from the beginning and wa a huge part of the success of the Singhania Empire. Also He was Kartik's father. He had taken voluntary retirement to spend his old days with his wife back in Chennai.

"Dhwani are you sure about this ? Are you Veer. Divorce is not child's play. "

"Yes uncle. "

"Then we have to find a loophole out of this. "

"I'm sorry papa. But I can't do it. You don't have to take this much risk for me. I am resigning.  "

"Do you know what you are saying Dhwani?" Veer asked

Both uncle and dad glared at me to shut up.

"Beta please think about it once more. These decisions are not supposed to be rushed. "

"No Papa. It feels like the right decision.  "

Veer had no say in this. He knew that. He had lost all rights to that a long time ago.  Still he wished he could do something to change her mind.

"Let's do one thing  You can be the head of the new Ahmedabad branch. If you both want to be seperated then I hope that will help. "

"That is a great idea. What do you say Dhwani " dad said supporting uncle's idea.

"Is it necessary Papa?" Dhwani asked unsure.

"It is not necessary but it will be profitable for all of us. "

"I will do it. Only for you. " Dhwani replied looking at dad.

"No. Do it for yourself beta. " Dad  replied with a smile