26. 𝓓𝓪𝔀𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓷𝓮𝔀

Today was a new dawn for Dhwani and Veer

For Dhwani, this was the beginning of her life without Veer.

For Veer it was time for him to win back his wife's trust and bring her back home.

Dhwani couldn't sleep the entire night. Her mind was always filled with questions and what ifs and confusion. And when sleep did find her , it was already a new day. She showered quickly and rushed to the kitchen to make chai only to remember that she didn't have to anymore.

" It will take time to adjust and go back to the way it was. " She whispered, trying to make herself believe in it.

As any sane person, she made herself a cup of tea and started scrolling through social media. Her for you page was filled with newlyweds , lovesick couples and happy families.
For the first time in her life she hated love and happiness and everything positive. She didn't want to. She knew it was not fair but still in that tiny part of her heart she envied it all.

She was a practical minded person but sometimes when you are in too much pain you just want to blame  someone because you don't know what else to do. So Dhwani chose to blame herself.

Her hand traveled down to her flat belly. 
"I'm so sorry baby." She said , a lone tear slipping down her eye.
She wished she could just sit in the safety of these walls and just cry but she had much more important things to do.

***

Veer Singhania have failed before. But not like this. Never did he ever think that his life will be so desperate because of the loss of a woman other than his mother.

But Dhwani wasn't any other woman. She was the one who painted his bleak life in vibrant colours.

Singhania's were pretty possessive. Be it their company, money or women.
They were also known for never giving up. Well the Singhania empire didn't build itself in a day. It was hardwork and determination.
Dhwani was his everything and he was not going to lose her.

He was ready to bring the love of his life back.

He got ready and went down to have breakfast. Dadi and dad were already seated and Chachi was serving them.

"Good morning dad"
" Good morning Dadi" i said going behind her and kissing her cheeks.

"Aaj badi happy lag rahi ho"
(You are looking really happy today. )

" Happy nahi Chachi positive lag raha hai"
(Not happy, Chachi , but positive)

I replied with a smile, sitting down beside them.