38. 𝓤𝓷𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓮𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼

"I need to go

"I need to go. " Rehan said , the urgency clear in his voice.

"I'm coming with you. " Arya replied picking her bag up from the bed.

"No you need to rest and take a nap. It's fine.  "

"Do you really think I will be able to sleep when I don't know where my sister is or what happened to her. " She snapped.

"All my life I had a fake family but now I have people who care for me who love me and I am not going to just sleep when the first person who made me feel welcome here is missing. " Arya yelled in a mix of anger shock and sadness.

He pulled her forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Everything's going to be okay" he whispered to her as an assurance.

'Atleast I hope so'He thought to himself.

They reached the office as fast as they could through the traffic and signals.  There weren't that many people in the building as it was already dark and late.

The skyscraper still had the lively buzz of PA's and employees working extra hours.

They hurried past them all to the elevator.

Rehan could feel his heart pounding and his brain was trying to come up with all types of outcomes and solutions.
Arya intertwined her hands with his and gave it a light squeeze. It was her turn to assure him.

"I'm bloody sure that Susheel Shekhar have did this" they heard Veer shout as they entered his cabin.

He looked like a mad man. His hair was messed up and a couple of his buttons were undone. His neatly ironed inserted shirt was a wrinkled mess.  It was not Veer Singhania , the CEO of the Singhania Empire but it was a frantic husband yearning for his wife.

Dhruv was on call with the police.

"Did anyone get any lead?" Rehan asked to no one in

"Nothing yet. "

"And Bhai Why are you always behind that guy?" Rehan asked confused

"Because he always tried to come between me and Dhwani and he is a Shekar. They are the only people I know who will swoop this low. "

"But bhabhi never said a bad thing about Susheel. " Arya stated.

"She never says anything bad about anyone. " Veer retorted.

"Bhai it's okay. The police is searching and they will send a force to his house and office too. "

"But we don't know if he's the culprit.
You know what call him. Let's see if he is the one who did it. " Rehan suggested

"Good idea. " Dhruv gave him an appreciative pat on the back.

Veer called him from his phone and it ringed once... Twice and in the third ring he picked it up.