15. 𝓜𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼: 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓮

He came back

He came back.
Towards his dream and nightmare.

This was the first time he was coming here after 20 years.
Veer was on the verge of hysterics.
The memories were overwhelming.
He wanted to break down and cry but laugh and be happy at the same time.

God he was going to be mad.

He gazed at the dream of his mother and their childhood.
The house was not that big.
It had three bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a living room/dining room and a kitchen.
The paint have started to fade and the garden was not well groomed as it used to be.
Other than that , It had not changed one bit.

He missed his mother everyday. He longed to feel the warmth of her motherly embrace one last time and that was never going to happen again.
But he never had the courage to come here and relive the memories again.

He wanted to forget them but they were too precious.

H

e wanted to cherish them but the pain was too much to handle.

Veer entered the house. He could still feel her presence inside these walls.

He went straight to the room he used to share with Dhruv.

It still had their bunk beds and those stupid posters of Ben ten and Power rangers.

Veer opened the windows.
He had fought hard to procure this room for himself. It had a perfect view of the woods. It may feel normal in the day but it was a sight to see at night.

The woods turned into a land straight out of a fairy tale during the night.
Fireflies would light up the whole place and they look like fallen stars dancing in the night.

His gaze lingered on his old wardrobe and study table that he shared with Dhruv.

He smiled and traced his hands along his old study table.
He still remembered every fight between him and Dhruv to decide who gets to use the table that day.
It was a habit for them.
Dhruv and Veer would fight for anything and everything.

Now Dhruv talked to him only to discuss something about the company.
He scoffed.

Rehan was their no man's land. 
Whatever they did , they didn't want anything to happen to him.
They were fully supportive of his decision to become a professor. At least he will get to live his life away from that mess.

Dhwani's question brought him back to reality.
"Where should we keep the bags? "
He turned around to see Dhwani and Mahi standing there.