29. 𝓘𝔃𝔃𝓪𝓽

Mahika had barged into her house that night without giving her parents any explanations

Mahika had barged into her house that night without giving her parents any explanations. Then she rushed to her room slammed the door shut and was ready to cry herself to sleep.

Dhruv Singhania.

How she wished to hate that name. The name of the person she had given her heart to. She stifled a sob.

Regret.

It was eating her alive.

Mahika hated the feeling. But she regretted everything.

She hated herself , her parents his parents , every one in this whole world because she didn't know what else she should do.

Because she couldn't bring herself to hate HIM.

Enough was enough. She couldn't take this anymore.

Mahika Singhania was the perfect wife , the perfect bahu and the perfect daughter.
Now all she wanted was to be that imperfect carefree Mahi Rai again.

She looked around her room. Her teddy bears were still on her cupboard where she left it. One wall of the room was covered with photo frames. There were pictures from her childhood, pictures of her dancing, pictures from college and pictures of her .... Marriage.

She loved each and every one of the pictures on that wall. She looked so happy in them and she looked the happiest in that heavy lehenga and jewellery.

She could never blame anyone for that day. It was her decision. Her choice to do what she did. No one forced her. Yes she did want to fulfil the promise she gave Gayathri ma but at the end of the day she was selfish with her decision. Selfish in wanting to be with her first love. Selfish in wanting it to be her last.

She got lost track of time thinking about the what ifs and didn't notice when sleep conquered her.

Mahika woke up with puffy red eyes and a bloody headache.

Someone was knocking on her door.

She opened it groggily for her brother to collide into her with a bear hug.

"Didi...." He screamed into her ears as he hugged her.

And Mahika smiled at the only boy who could never break her heart but could only heal it.

"Tu kab aayi? Mujhe kyun nahi bataya? "
(When did you come? Why didn't you inform me?)

"Ohoo mere baccha. It was really late yesterday when I came home. I didn't want to wake you up. "

"Jiju ne drop Kiya?" He asked expectedly.

Her smile dropped at that.

" No. "

"Anil come eat your breakfast"
Ma called loud enough to wake up the whole locality.

Some things never change. She thought to herself.