Chapter 15: The Truth is....

(One Week Later)

Third Person Perspective

It has been one week since the attack on New York City and one week since the avengers won and defeated Loki.

Now Nick Fury must answer to the world secret council and they are all currently watching news reports about the aftermath.

Some people are thankful for the avengers of New York, while some feel it's their fault. Then there are a few who believe that the so called avengers are a threat.

Then the news report comes to a waitress who was saved by Spider-Man.

Woman: What, this is somehow their fault? Spider-Man saved my life. Wherever he is, and wherever any of them are, I would just....I would just want to say thank you.

After this, Nick Fury crosses his arms at the council.

Councilman #1: Where are the avengers now?

Nick: I'm not currently tracking their whereabouts. I'd say they've earned a leave of absence.

Councilwoman #1: And the tesseract?

Nick: The tesseract is where it belongs. Out of our reach.

Councilman #1: That's not your call.

Nick: I didn't make it. I just didn't argue with the god that did.

Councilman #1: So, you let him take it and the war criminal, Loki, who should be answering for his crime.

Nick: Oh, I think he will be.

Councilwoman #2: I don't think you understand what you've started, letting the avengers loose on this world. They're dangerous.

Nick: They surely are, and the whole world knows it. Every world knows it.

Councilman #1: Was that the point of all this? A statement?

Nick: A promise.

The council meeting ended and Nick left the room.

(One hour later)

Nick and Maria were on the carrier and Maria pointed out that the avengers went their separate ways.

Maria asks Fury what happens if another situation presents itself.

Nick: They'll come back.

Maria: Are you really sure about that?

Nick: I am.

Maria: Why?

Nick: Because we"ll need them to.

Maria walks away as Nick looks out.

Y/N's POV

After Thor takes Loki back to Asgard we all say our goodbyes to each other.

But I couldn't help but feel that I know one day the avengers would come back together.

I'm now getting ready to leave but I see Peggy standing by the gate.

I walk over to her.

Y/N: Is it weird?

Peggy: Huh?

Y/N: You know being from an alternate earth.

Peggy laughs at this reference to our first conversation.

Peggy: Very funny, Mr. L/N.

Y/N: So what are you gonna do now?

Peggy: I don't know. When I first arrived here, I didn't know what to do and now I've just helped save the world from aliens.