Chapter 39: The Debate

(New York)

(Two Weeks Later)

Y/N's POV

So for the past two weeks, Peggy and I have been at the Avengers Compound in Upstate New York helping to deal with what happened in Lagos. 

The team's morale is very low especially Wanda who is having the worse time with everything.

She blames herself for what happened and I'm not surprised. 

Right now I'm sitting in the lounge with Sam.

Sam: I can't believe this.

Y/N: I know.

Sam: I wonder how Wanda is doing.

Y/N: Well considering everything I don't think she's feeling quite good. I saw Steve go into her room a few minutes ago.

Sam: How are you doing?

Y/N: Ah, I mean it's terrible. But it wasn't Wanda's fault.

Sam: I know.

After a moment or so I see Peggy walk in.

Peggy: Hey.

Y/N: Hey.

Peggy: We have to have a team meeting.

Y/N: I guess nows the time.

Peggy: The Secretary of State is here.

Y/N: Ross?

Peggy: Yeah.

Y/N: Great. Here we go. What on earth could he have to say?

Peggy: I guess we'll find out.

I nod.

Sam and I then head with Peggy to the main room.

(Five Minutes Later)

The Avengers and I are now sat in the main room and Ross is standing in front of us.

Ross explains how many people see the avengers as a threat given how many peoples lives were lost during the battle of New York, Washington, Sokovia and more recently Lagos.

He then tells us about the Sokovia accords and that the avengers will be told where to go by the UN panel.

He says that the UN will be meeting in Vienna to agree to the accords.

Ross then goes to leave.

Natasha: And if we come to a decision you don't like?

Ross: Then you retire.

Ross then leaves the compound.

After Ross leaves, we go into the main room and talk about what to do based on what we heard about the accords.

Rhodey: Secretary Ross has a Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have.

Sam: So let's say we agree to this. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common crimals?

Rhodey: 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and your just like, "No, that's cool. We got it."

I then speak up.

Y/N: For fucks sake, Rhodes, How long are you going to play both sides?

Rhodey was about to answer when Vision speaks up.

Vision: I have an equation.

Sam: Oh well, this'll clear it up.

Vision then says that the strength and enhanced abilities invites challenges from other people and it brings conflict which in turn leads to catastrophe.