Chapter 5

Here's the next chapter!

Don't be afraid to comment about my mistakes. I'm trying to figure out a way to write in second or first person, I'm struggling but I'll definitely try!

Hope you enjoy reading this^^!

~~~

Ever since their encounter with Sabito and Makomo, Tanjiro started training with them, y/n would come over a few times to just watch them train but he would mostly help out Urokodaki with the house stuff and training his total concentration breathing constant.

.

Sitting on the ground next to Makomo, y/n stared at Sabito, as if he was looking for something. Feeling his stare Sabito turned and stared back at y/n.

They stared at each other in silence, the other two were unsure what to do. "What do you want kid?" Sabito asked walking closer to the boy.

"...You're not really here, are you?" This shocked the two strangers. How did he find out?

"I can kind of see through you." Y/n tried to explain, making hand gestures.

.

Y/n stood near the boulder watching Tanjiro and Sabito spar. "Come on, Nii-san! You can do it!"

Tanjiro found motivation in his younger brothers' cheers, he was glad that y/n survived that day, if he didn't who knows what might've happened.

.

Six months passed and both boys' hair grew to shoulder length, y/n walked up the mountain to watch Tanjiro train, holding a bowl of onigiri for him.

Y/n was always amazed by the speed Sabito had, he trained his legs so that he could run faster, he also learnt how to jump high, it wasn't super high but still very high for a six-year-old.

Makomo made a few bracelet for y/n, having their names carved out on each one, she even taught y/n how to make them!

It took about a week before he could actually make them himself, they weren't as good but they were still impressive.

'Didn't Nii-san say he was gonna challenge Sabito-sama today?' Y/n's hands were rough and scarred, so were his legs but he thought of his scars as memories of his achievements.

'I have to hurry then!' Y/n started running, avoiding the traps, and made his way to the boulder.

.

Y/n stood next to Makomo watching the fight nervously, Sabito was using a real sword this time, not his usual wooden sword.

After they exchanged a few words, Sabito and Tanjiro both got into their stance. They swung their swords at each other, but this time Tanjiro's blade struck Sabito first, cutting his mask in half.

The mask fell and the brothers saw Sabito's face, a sad smile etched on his scarred face, but the smile was full of joy and peace.

Y/n felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked at Makomo who had the same sad smile on her face, she gave y/n's shoulder a gentle squeeze as she began to disappear.

"You must win, Tanjiro. Against this person too."

When Tanjiro came back to his senses the boulder was already sliced in half, "You did it Nii-san! You sliced the boulder!" Y/n held back his tears, not wanting to worry his brother.

Tanjiro was still in shock at what happened, he didn't even notice Urokodaki approach him from behind.

"The reason I didn't want you to go to the final selection, was because I didn't want to see children die of this anymore. But I didn't count on you to be able to slice that rock."