AU 1

What if the roles were a bit different? Y/n would still be the same except he's aged up and has a keen sense of smell-

This is just for entertainment!

~~~

An eleven year old y/n woke up early to go get the charcoal ready. His older brother, Tanjiro, would've done it but he recently injured his leg.

"Fwuaaahhh..! Finally done!" Y/n cheered happily, growing up he always tried to learn things from his brother, and now it all payed off.

He lifted the heavy basket onto his back, ready to go and sell them to the towns people. "Y/n!" A voice called out.

He turned around and was now facing his mother. "Oh! Good morning, Mama! Did you sleep well?"

Kie chuckled, her son was such a good kid and she knew he would grow up and become a great person. The same went for all her children.

"Y/n, your face is covered in soot. Here, let me help you." She crouched down in front of him and wiped his face with a handkerchief.

"I'm really sorry you have to do this, y/n." She spoke referring to him selling the charcoal.

"Eh? It's fine Mama! I can do it, if it means Tanjiro gets better..!" Y/n sighed, "Plus, I think Nii-san needs to take it easy for a while.. he's done a lot to help."

Kie hummed in response, she agreed with him but she didn't want y/n to end up injuring himself like his older brother did, and that was because Tanjiro overworked himself.

.

Y/n waved to his mother and younger siblings as he began leaving. "Hm.." He sniffed the air and caught a familiar scent.

"Rahh!" Rokuta, Tanjiro and Nezuko came out of their hiding spots. Y/n let out a gasp, not expecting them to try and scare him.

"Wahhh! Rokuta, Tanjiro, Nezuko! Don't do that!" Y/n was on the ground hugging his legs, fake crying and pretending to be scared so he won't disappoint Rokuta.

"Ehhhh! Nii-san, I'm sorry!" Instead of being victorious, Rokuta ran and hugged y/n while crying.

The two eldest chuckled as they watched y/n panic and try to calm their youngest sibling down. "Ah! Don't cry Rokuta! I'm okay, see?"

Y/n cupped the child's cheeks and looked him in the eyes. "Okay, now breathe in." They both took a breath. "Breathe out.." Y/n learnt this technique when Rokuta followed him into the woods and got lost.

"Nii-san!!" Rokuta cried, trying to find where y/n was. "Wahhhh!"

A few meters away, y/n was running around looking for his youngest brother. "Rokuta!" He called panicking.

He found Rokuta standing by a tree crying, he looked scared. But what three year old wouldn't?

If y/n didn't have a keen sense of smell and great eyesight, he would've never found Rokuta.

"There you go, all better!" Rokuta smiled at his older brother, he had always admired his older siblings but y/n stood out the most to him.

"All better!" Rokuta repeated his brothers words.

.

"Ne, Tanjiro you should be resting your leg.." Y/n grumbled pouting at his brother. "If you keep overworking yourself, your leg won't heal anymore..!"

Tanjiro patted y/n's head with a smile. "Calm down y/n, I just wanted to see you off. Nezuko and Rokuta wouldn't stop trying to stop me at first."

Nezuko picked Rokuta up, before facing y/n. "Don't worry y/n, I'll make sure he rests!" She declared.

"Hm! Good, now, I better go..I'll see you guys later.!" Y/n quickly turned around and began hurrying down the mountains.

"Bye-bye Nii-san!"

"Bye Y/n!"

"Goodbye, 'King of the trees'!"

Y/n glanced back at his siblings with a look, "Hey! I told you to stop calling me that!" He whined, only getting a laugh from Tanjiro as a response.

.

In town, y/n sold a lot of charcoal. He would greet people and ask if they needed some. "Hm? When did it get so late?"

Before he could head back, old man Saburo quickly called him to stay. That night, y/n heard about man-eating creatures called 'demons'.

Of course he was skeptical at first, thinking it was a story to scare kids like him, but all that changed when he arrived home the next day.

.

Y/n ran down the mountain with his two older siblings on his back, he struggled very much but he was able to.

'What happened? Was it a demon?' Hot tears ran down his face as he tried to find the cause of his family's massacre.

.

He ended up falling off the pathway, his siblings were now awake but they acted weird. "Ah! Guys, you don't have to walk! I'll carry you to town!"

Y/n was about to speak when he was suddenly attacked by Tanjiro. "Tanjiro!"

He looked in his older siblings eyes and began crying more. Their eyes were slitted, like a cats, it wasn't like this before so y/n came to a conclusion.

"You two must've suffered, I'm sorry! I'm such a bad brother!" Y/n being the child he is, didn't understand that this wasn't his fault. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry! If I took you with me, none of this would've happened!"

Tanjiro was quick to come to his senses, getting off y/n but Nezuko tackled the younger boy as soon as Tanjiro let him go.

They continued to wrestle until they felt a sudden presence appear.

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

-Y/n is called the 'king of the trees' because he's great at climbing trees and he can jump from one tree to another. (Parkour!)

-He is really strong and quite tall for his age, he may as well be the same height as Tanjiro. This makes people think they're twins.

Take this cringe story as an apology, I might not update for the next two weeks. I'll be able to reply to comments and stuff like that but I won't be able to update chapters.

Again, I'm really sorry about this.

Hope you have a nice day/afternoon/night^^!

Published: 26/06/22

Word count: 959