Chapter 51

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= Mind

Bold= Mk

~~~

Hashira training was taking place. It was lowkey..highkey very hard and painful. Many slayers took a while to just pass one.

And y/n, had managed to escape the butterfly estate to go to the stone pillars' training area. "Hm! Hm!" He hummed victoriously. 

He was fully dressed in his demon slayer uniform and he got the clear from Shinobu. He was allowed to train but not too much, Ren was there to make sure he didn't go too far.

It had been a few days since the incident and due to his quick healing he was able to have a fast recovery with little to no problems.

"Mr. Gyomei! Hey! Hey! Hey!" Y/n called while running towards the giant male. "Hello again!"

Hearing the child calling him made the blind Hashira smile. "Ah, y/n, how are you dear child?" He asked turning to where y/n's barely noticeable aura was.

There it was again, the purple aura. Despite it taking up majority of y/n's place, there was still the red and blue.

"I'm doing good! They said my ears are damaged so I can't hear as good as before.." Gyomei felt a wave of shock and confusion wash over him. What happened? Was it from all the missions or a recent one?

It seems that his expression was obvious because y/n told him what happened. "Oh! I was fighting a demon that had a blood art that was something with Looouuuud sounds!"

He explained while emphasising the 'loud'. "I was going to the sword-smith's village place to help my brother and sister." 

Gyomei hummed in understanding, going to say something but was interrupted by a slayer. "Y/n? I thought you were supposed to be recovering.." 

Gyomei turned to Genya with a confused look. "He was supposed to still be recovering?" Now they were both confused. 

"Well I think he's supposed to since he took 'heavy internal damage' but he's here so I'm not too sure."

.

Training was just as hard as y/n thought it would be. "Ahhhhh....!" He groaned while lying on the side of the river exhausted. 

Hearing muffled footsteps approach him, he just continued looking up. If that person was going to him then they'd look back at him. 

"Y/n?" 

"Tanji!" Y/n quickly rolled over and jumped up, forgetting about his previous exhaustion. "You made it here! Yayayayay!"

Tanjiro could only look at his younger brother with a small smile. He was still a bit wary about y/n's situation, so he had to be extra cautious with the child's behaviour.

But seeing y/n look so happy like this made him happy too. He could see why they weren't able to tell before, y/n was always in a good mood before his emotions go downhill..

"Yeah I did! But how are you feeling y/n?" Tanjiro asked, kneeling down in front of the shirtless child, fixing his hair. "Not pushing yourself too far are you?"

Y/n's smile softened a little more. He was upset that they were gonna start treating him a bit differently but it was for the best.. "I'm okay, big brother.. Just a bit scared, I think..But I'm taking a break now." 

And he was gonna be honest with them. It was the most he could do in this situation, seeing as he couldn't really explain how he felt.

"Ah, well then. I have to get to my training too, remember, you can come to see if you feel the need to." Tanjiro stood back up smiling while ruffling y/n's hair. It seemed to have grown quite fast as it now reached past the boys shoulder blades.